Last Pics

kata

Last Pics

Post by kata »

I took what I believe will be the last pics 2013 as there was a slight frost on the bins this morning.

Bishop, that did very well, I need to dead head, maybe tomorrow.
bishopoflandaf.jpg
Aeonium

I am very pleased with this plant. I bought compost for re-potting today to bring it indoors.
aeonium.jpg
This rose has done well to say when I bought it, stored it (winter delivery only) took it out in spring it had a brown dead side. I will recieve a replacement free of charge in November.
brothercadfaelrose.jpg
I was'nt going to buy a Fern but glad I did now, I hope to buy another again next season.
fern.jpg
Ensete got bigger leaves at the cost of a smaller trunk, its a thick wide one but short.
ensete.jpg
Thats it! *Click the pics*.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
fern Rob

Re: Last Pics

Post by fern Rob »

You are buying another, great idea.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

ooooooooooooh someones improved their photo skills! great pics Kata, apart from the Dicksonia antarctica the rest are massive improvements on your new camera icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers

Also have you left the import tag on your Dicksonia antarctica? get it pulled out :lol:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I would leave the tag.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Looking good Kata! I'd cut another 8" of grass from around the tree fern, it will sap loads of energy from the fern. icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

fern Rob wrote:I would leave the tag.
Leave the metal if you worried about leaving a hole in the side of trunk.. but the tag is for customs etc and looks a mess in situ, not very natural lol
kata

Post by kata »

Yes Rob, another is on the cards, same supplier,

Thanks Rob!

Cordy; I put the Ensete round a corner, thats its winter home now along with any other potted plants. Hardly any stem to see cus the dratted leaf size. Next years Ensete is going to be planted out.

The tag.. :lol: Been looking at that all summer, should I..should'nt I?

Yes :lol: getting used to the camera now.

I still say that Fern is leaning to one side.

Thanks cordy!

Tom;I looked at the grass this morning, I like to leave three days for the grass to dry, it was still raining up to yesterday, maybe weekend. I hate a long winter grass so I hope to get it cut ASAP.

Thanks Tom!

icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Go out now and get it off kata. Lol its like buying a car off the forecourt and leaving the price on !
kata

Post by kata »

Behave Cordy its chuckin it down here...all day.

I bet unless I dig it out that grass is never going to get mowed, its like a swamp at the minute.

Yes, yes I will remove the tag when its drier.... :lol: :lol:
greyhound

Post by greyhound »

Could you not find a small corner inside for that littel Ensete .Its seems so cruel to leave it out :cry:
K9's and exotic palms not a good combo K9's 5 :exotic palms 0
kata

Post by kata »

No GH, sorry,

I have had a really bad time in this bungalow since I moved here, currently waiting to move due to rats in the attic.

First year a fly Infestation..cluster flies that come in from the cold/smell a body in attics then leave within 10days.

Second year mice.

Six weeks now I have rats in my attic, the council come to feed them then the rats die elsewhere. I can hear them scutter up and down the attic, they peed so much its spoiled the bedroom (only bedroom) celing paper.

So Enstes are the last thing I worry about. I will do what i can to keep it from freezing, I have one of those tall plant pots that can be put over it after I fleece it.

icon_cheers
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Kata I mean cut the turf away 8". icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Post by kata »

Oh now I understand Tom,

I usually trim round the plants before mowing, the plants do need a bigger space. Small trachis are even worse.

I did'nt plant any Tom a guy up the road did. I believe it was because the garden space is very much at a premium.

Thanks Tom!
icon_cheers
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Grass does not have very deep roots, it's not affected my tree ferns in the lawn, they are doing well.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

kata wrote:Yes Rob, another is on the cards, same supplier,

Thanks Rob!

Cordy; I put the Ensete round a corner, thats its winter home now along with any other potted plants. Hardly any stem to see cus the dratted leaf size. Next years Ensete is going to be planted out.

The tag.. :lol: Been looking at that all summer, should I..should'nt I?

Yes :lol: getting used to the camera now.

I still say that Fern is leaning to one side.

Thanks cordy!

Tom;I looked at the grass this morning, I like to leave three days for the grass to dry, it was still raining up to yesterday, maybe weekend. I hate a long winter grass so I hope to get it cut ASAP.

Thanks Tom!

icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
The tag I always think gives the plant some history and a little interest.