Share your best garden view photo of the year.

kata

Re: Share your best garden view photo of the year.

Post by kata »

Brilliant, everyone has a beautiful garden,

I only wish mine was half as nice, and twenty times bigger... :lol: :lol:

Rob, kohwoz has worked tirelessy on his. Maybe he will give a link to the start page.

GREVILLE; I can't find a good creeper round here, last one had no tendrils to stick to the wall... :lol:

When you trim it back send me a cutting if you do please...paypal.

icon_sunny
brendan

Post by brendan »

Heres my garden at the end of its third year, looking at adding a lot more colour next year.
Attachments
garden end of september 2013 043.JPG
garden end of september 2013 046.JPG
flowering fatsias 042.JPG
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

great amounts of inspiration in here
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Blairs wrote:
GREVILLE wrote:Autumn.
Sept 2013 088.JPG
The colour speaks for itself
Do you not have windows? :)
:lol:

Not on the first and second floor. They were never fitted on all the levels when the house was first built. (I'm only referring to one side :wink: ) Thirty years after window tax was abolished around 1850 there was a rumour that it might be reinstated and all the Victorian villas built in the area included bricked in windows on the sides of the property.

The side of the house only had windows fitted on the ground floor in the 1960's and we were allowed to change them with local authority permission ten years ago. This and all the other victorian houses listed in a conservation area have a prohibition on restoring any closed off windows and all the sashes must be replicated if they need to be changed.

I moan about the small size of the garden for such a large house but it gives me a brilliant microclimate for my exotics without which I could not have posted such pics for this thread. (Brilliantly brought back on topic :lol: )
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

kata wrote:
GREVILLE; I can't find a good creeper round here, last one had no tendrils to stick to the wall... :lol:

When you trim it back send me a cutting if you do please...paypal.

icon_sunny

I have a lot of ground runners that have rooted, Kata. Come December, I can dig up some and send bare root lengths which will give you a head start over plain cuttings. I hope being young plants that the silver veining will be restored to the green leaf. I seemed to have lost this distinctive feature as the the plant aged. But the red autumn colour -that's something else. I wonder if the earlier frosts in your part of the world will make the autumn colour even better.