Vertical and succulent Gardening..

Deedee

Vertical and succulent Gardening..

Post by Deedee »

My new project for 2014. I have been researching and buying, I can't wait :mrgreen:

Bought these last August, mine are brown tho..

Some pics ive downloaded for ideas..

And Some succulents im intending to use, in pots and on walls i hope. Under my Awning should be a good spot..

Flapjack i believe..

Stumbled on this a couple of days ago, WOW. The Whalebone Vertical Garden..

Some great ideas here, from how to build your own vertical wall to the planting design, Thats me buzy untill Spring then..

http://www.urbanjungle.uk.com/blog/temp ... asp?id=128

Any of you thought about Vertical Gardening? It would be great to exchange ideas etc.
Last edited by Deedee on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fern Rob

Re: Vertical and succulent Gardening..

Post by fern Rob »

I had thought about it until i realised i had no available wall space and i could not plant tree ferns in them :lol:
on a honest note i have thought about how to build vertical gardens on a small scale but i don't like the container ideas i have seen.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

fern Rob wrote:I had thought about it until i realised i had no available wall space and i could not plant tree ferns in them :lol:
on a honest note i have thought about how to build vertical gardens on a small scale but i don't like the container ideas i have seen.
:mrgreen: I dont think there's a big enough wall to plant a TF Rob. I only have 2 walls, one is a fence behind my compost bins and the house wall which my Awning is attatched, Im determined this year to give it a go and to allso have more succulents..

EDIT, i want more TFs as well :roll:
Last edited by Deedee on Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kata

Post by kata »

Looking forward to seeing your fence in bloom Dee,

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Im really excited Kata, im looking forward now instead of back :D
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Kinda toying with the idea of drain/guttering gardening this year.Purely salad,everbearing strawberries etc,yum yum!
kata

Post by kata »

I have seen this type of gardening before, they look brill,

I have loads of fence room. 8ft at one border and four ft at the side of the back gate.

This year I want a waspinator so I can enjoy the garden.

icon_cheers
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

bordersboy wrote:Kinda toying with the idea of drain/guttering gardening this year.Purely salad,everbearing strawberries etc,yum yum!
I saw this while researching Bordersboy, Ivy and trailing plants allso, great spacesaver..

Deedee

Post by Deedee »

kata wrote:I have seen this type of gardening before, they look brill,

I have loads of fence room. 8ft at one border and four ft at the side of the back gate.

This year I want a waspinator so I can enjoy the garden.

icon_cheers
Give it a try Kata, wall planters i bought were only a tenner for 2.. yeah wasps, hate the violent little Ba*****s :mrgreen: esp end of summer, wish i still had me dog, she used to chew them lol.
call

Post by call »

wow deedee they are some really inspiring pictures icon_thumright
I have been thinking about a living wall for some time now but were I want it is a bit shady so no succulents however I do have some room on the current patio for some of those picture frame things :D
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

Those pictures really make you wish spring was here already! I'm without walls though so I I'll have to try baskets hanging from trees.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

call wrote:wow deedee they are some really inspiring pictures icon_thumright
I have been thinking about a living wall for some time now but were I want it is a bit shady so no succulents however I do have some room on the current patio for some of those picture frame things :D
Great Call, ive said for 2 year im going to get hub to make me a couple of frames but didnt! im gonna try this year for certain. ferns and Huchera would look good on a shady wall and im sure loads more plants that i can't think of at the min :shock: :D
derrick

Post by derrick »

I don't like to many containers .But I like some of the living wall ideas .Succulents look good but you need winter storage . I find the succulents addictive you just want more of them .I had to cut back for space .
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Jo A P wrote:Those pictures really make you wish spring was here already! I'm without walls though so I I'll have to try baskets hanging from trees.

Ooooh Jo, Baskets :mrgreen:

I want this..

And These would look amazing in a basket hanging from my Pergola..
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

You can smarten up wooden pallets, hang them on the wall and slot pots in them. I've seen some on fb, pininterest I think it was.