just couldnt resist

daz h

just couldnt resist

Post by daz h »

went in homebase with the mrs to look at bathrooms and thought i would have a quick look at the plants while i was there,
found a yucca gloriosa and a chammy both reduced to five quid, and three strawberry pots for a tenner which im going to do some succulents in - i couldnt resist them for that money.
rsz_2014-01-04_135938.jpg
rsz_2014-01-04_134956 (1).jpg

any advice on getting them through the winter ? should i repot them now or wait until spring ?
doncasterpalmguy123

Re: just couldnt resist

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

seems a good deal to me mate! icon_salut a good find. I bought my chammy back in 2012 and its still a single trunk. :D
flounder

Post by flounder »

I love bargains, don't like the strawberry pots though cos they remind me of strawberrys which I can't stand!
I'd leave the repotting 'til the spring and try to keep both on the dryish side until then
kata

Post by kata »

Super bargains, I too would have left the Strawberries.

icon_cheers
daz h

Post by daz h »

cant believe you dont like strawberries , the pots will look fine once there are some plants in them .
flounder

Post by flounder »

Strawberrys make me heave! If you'd have called them succulent pots, I would have said good idea icon_thumleft :wink:
kata

Post by kata »

I like Peaches and Time out... :lol: :lol: :lol:
daz h

Post by daz h »

popped in homebase again today and got a nice dragon tree for £3.50 reduced from £15.

had a load of of other stuff in there today , box balls , roses , hebes and loads of houseplants all reduced nothing else really caught my eye though - might be worth you having a look and seeing what they have got in your local
rsz_2014-01-11_143654.jpg
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Was at ours yesterday, they had gloriosa etc for a fiver. Also had good size bushy P. Aurea bamboo reduced to £15 and very impressive astelia silver spear for £4