Tiny ensete back to life

callin

Tiny ensete back to life

Post by callin »

I initially intended to dry store them over the winter, i know they was to little to dry store but I wanted to make an experiment.
Noticing that they started to shrink so fast :><: I have realised that I m forced to abort mission due to the fact that untill spring not much will remain to regrow soo...I decided to bring them back to life.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Last edited by callin on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
callin

Re: Tiny ensete back to life

Post by callin »

Couple of weeks later....

The one on the right doesn t look so determined to cooperate with the forces of good :wink: and return to growing mode.
4.jpg
5.jpg
callin

Post by callin »

Being afraid of a possible middle rot situation I have performed a surgical operation, without anesthesia of course. :lol:
Seems that the pacient is ok after the applyed procedure. I hope it will not be a successful operation but with a dead pacient :D
5.5.jpg
6.jpg
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

I had this exact same scenario with one of mine that died last year

I cut it back, then a few weeks later it looked the same again. I'm wondering now should I have cut away more of the crispy outer leaves as these may have restricted the new rollers due to being welded pretty crispy round the edges.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Eg. this area was rock solid...
Attachments
solid.jpg
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

wouldn't these of been okay as plants in the house? there very small.
callin

Post by callin »

These two fellas was planted in the ground in late summer. Unfortunatelly I failed to uproot them in time to pot for keeping in the house and a cold snap in november fryed their leaves completely. So.. I said ..ok, lets try dry storage.
Cordy, I have made the cut on them three times untill noticed some growth.
derrick

Post by derrick »

That's a green Ensete I think .Its best to keep it dry in a south facing window .In dry soil it should recover .They come back better than Maurelii.