Butia Eriospatha

derrick

Butia Eriospatha

Post by derrick »

My Butia tuned up today .Don't no how hardy it will be .It might have to go in the ground come spring .To much grief dragging it in and out in the pot .Its got some serious roots on it .I also want a Waggy too .
Attachments
DSCF3835.JPG
DSCF3836.JPG
doncasterpalmguy123

Re: Butia Eriospatha

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

What a beauty! :D
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Nice palm! Which nursery did you get it from?
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Nice palm Derick. I find them fast growers and will take the rain. Looks plenty big enough to plant outside.
Half Hardy

Post by Half Hardy »

jungle jas wrote:Nice palm Derick. I find them fast growers and will take the rain. Looks plenty big enough to plant outside.
I agree on all counts.Nice palm icon_thumleft.I planted my one (half the size) last spring.It has carried on growing non stop since.My B.capitata(now odorata) which was about the size of your B.eriospatha has been in the ground for 2 seasons, hasn't done half as well.A few people have noticed,younger palms settle in and get growing quicker.So I would plant it out this spring, if it were my palm.
Springy

Post by Springy »

It looks like a palm centre plant to me and I was gutted that I missed out on one! :cry:
derrick

Post by derrick »

I was looking at the Palm centre for Butia Eriosopatha but It did show sold out .So this one came from Spain .So I don't know if it will harden off .It might stay in a pot for a time not sure yet .It came with a Spanish spider .Which I cant find now .
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Last edited by Adam D on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Even in Southampton some palms have been killed off in the past winters .I hope it will be ok thanks Adam.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Was it from Hans Peter, Palmen 3103 off eBay? If so I have had palms from him on three occasions, they have all survived and settled in without any trouble. Postage is all so surprisingly inexpensive. I can recommend this guy. icon_thumright
derrick

Post by derrick »

That's him Jungle J he was good no problems .A little delay over the Christmas period .Gls parcel delivery was a little strange .The tracker said it was in Germany inbound .Next thing it was at the door .Tracker did not show outbound or on its way .But if your not in they return the next day .Thanks for that Jungle J .