Waitrose

kata

Waitrose

Post by kata »

I was going to have a shopping change (food) and saw Waitrose was no delivery if you spend £50, I usually spend that at least once a fortnight.

I was sad to learn they don't deliver in my area, nearest is Manchester. I usually bring shopping back by taxi but that would be crazy from that area.

Waitrose have a garden website attached and they deliver to mine.

I was'nt sure if you would be Interested in lenten rose / hellebore for £1.99
lentenrosehelleborus.jpg
http://www.waitrosegarden.com/plants/_/ ... 000018705/

icon_sunny
derrick

Re: Waitrose

Post by derrick »

Looks like a nice flower Kata .
kata

Post by kata »

Hi Derrick,

It was the only bargain as it was £6.99 before the price drop. They seem like Garening Direct' in that they sell in large amounts which I don't want.

They do sell the usual garden things like birdfood etc, lights.

A new thing I had'nt seen is 'light bags', fancy bags where you add a candle.

Its an ok site for the garden.

icon_cheers
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

kata wrote:Hi Derrick,

It was the only bargain as it was £6.99 before the price drop. They seem like Garening Direct' in that they sell in large amounts which I don't want.

They do sell the usual garden things like birdfood etc, lights.

A new thing I had'nt seen is 'light bags', fancy bags where you add a candle.

Its an ok site for the garden.

icon_cheers
It is Crocus, Next and Waitrose use Crocus as their plant supplier.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Blairs,

I did see Crocus for a plant/tree I was looking at.

Going to buy one or two garden things, one is the blue waspinator. :lol: :lol:

icon_cheers
WASPDETECTOR.jpg
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I have a red one of those Kata, I haven't used it as it should be used tho, dont wanna attract the little B******s hahaha.

PS, had a look on the site, there are a few bargains there but a bit early for me for plants. Ill keep my eye on it tho.
greendragon

Post by greendragon »

How do you know that waspinator is not going to kill bees as well?
:evil:
kata

Post by kata »

Just have to hope,

My sis had one from QVC and no Bee was killed in hers. Hers was different in that you fill it with newspaper or straw.

They're not daft Bees.

The idea behind these is to scare away Bees and Wasps, not to kill, they are only to make believe there is another Bee/Wasp colony in the garden.

Dee, you may be happier with the QVC one like me and stuff it yourself.... :lol: :lol: .

http://www.qvcuk.com/Set-of-2-Waspinato ... 4-_-503226

Set of two Waspinator No More Wasps Pest Control. The Waspinator is a fake wasp's nest that will act as an effective natural deterrent, helping to eradicate wasps from garden areas. When foraging wasps see another wasps nest they stay away for fear of being attacked by the nest's defenders, making your outside area wasp free.

Ensures no mess, no dead wasps, no maintenance, no traps

Contains:
2 x Waspinators

And GD, when you can only look through your kitchen at your garden for fear of being stung, lets also remember you don't know unless you are stung you are allergic to stings. Should you get stung and live alone you could die from a sting as its venom swells your throat.

Everytime I go in the garden in summer some damn Insect follows me, even just putting washing out sends them buzzing round my head...so any deterrent that allows me to enjoy what I have bought for the garden can only be a good thing.

Good for you if they hold no fear for you.
503226.jpg
503226.jpg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

You have just reminded me Kata that when i was cleaning the G/house last year i found a wasps nest under the staging (empty thank god) It was cone-like, a light browny colour, If i had known it was there, i wouldn't have entered the G/house, I didn't notice any wasps at all, A couple of baby birds and bees, loads of spiders but not wasps, so maybe they abandoned it for some reason, Its not there now mind :mrgreen:
kata

Post by kata »

They do leave or die Dee,

They find a new place to call home every year. Apparently the nests are a thing of beauty.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This guy he mowed over a wasps nest in his lawn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... truck.html

I had wasps going through brickwork at the front, I have had them in a drain, they nest in Leylandi. They nest in sheds.

Last year I had what is called 'masonry Bees' all summer, harmless as they don't sting.

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/en ... sonrybees/

The shape sounds like the QVC waspinator.

You can tell when a nest is around, Wasps are always going to it. If they flyin to the same place then its a nest in there.

icon_sunny
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I read those story's Kata, really interesting, that poor bloke with the wasp nest, i would of done exactly the same, Ran For My Life :mrgreen:
kata

Post by kata »

Ah Dee,

They say keep still when under a attack...yea right....I am excellent at 'fight or flight', its usually flight.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: