B and Q Haul-cheap!

Neil Ziemski

B and Q Haul-cheap!

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Today i was in B and Q getting some screws, and you have to pop into the garden centre.
I asked (as i always do) what is reduced as its winter!
Got 2 waggies reduced from £25 to £5, 2 smaller ones at £7 reduced to £1 and a Phoenix reduced from £20 to £5 and two Torbay Dazzler Cordys reduced from £8 to £2.
£100 worth of plants for £21 !!!!!
Go to your local store and just ask, its surprising what they reduce at this time of year.
Neil
Attachments
IMAG0679.jpg
IMAG0683.jpg
Deedee

Re: B and Q Haul-cheap!

Post by Deedee »

Wow thats brilliant Neil icon_thumleft I might pluck up the courage to ask, next time im in there :?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Good haul! My local B&Q rarely has plants on sale - apart fro literally dead ones. Another further out is normally good and very cheap - just need to escape the wife to get to it. She does not approve of me buying any more plants!
Last edited by Blairs on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
flounder

Post by flounder »

My local one is tighter than I am! :?
multim

Post by multim »

Good prices, but I don't see any Waggies -the palms look like Chamearops Humilis to me.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

multim wrote:Good prices, but I don't see any Waggies -the palms look like Chamearops Humilis to me.
Agree, spines all the way down the petioles.

Must nip into our local to see whats going. I've never known B&Q to sell waggies tho, so not hopeful of seeing any , just ordinary Trachycarpus's.
multim

Post by multim »

I've not seen Waggies at B&Q either, just the usual suspects.
derrick

Post by derrick »

I had four Ensetes for a pound each and a Beschorneria also for a pound from B&Q .The Chamaerops palms will not be as hardy as Waggies .They don't like to be to wet and cold .
kata

Post by kata »

Well done Neil!

I use Homebase but its quite empty at the minute for gardening.

:mrgreen:
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

Went into B n Q yesterday but nothing of interest there at all.
piechnik99

Post by piechnik99 »

It depends on your luck when going around the sheds - I picked up an ex display wooden archway for £60 last weekend (from B&Q and as good as new) and always on the look out for reduced plants - its crazy not too when you can pick up such good bargains.

Amongst other bargains picked up last summer I bought about 6 decent miscanthus zebrinus plants for about £9 from B&M, as well a tray of 12 red begonias for a 50p from Homebase (should have been £7 odd) so its always good to keep the eyes open for a bargian :shock: About 3 weeks ago bought a reduced Jasmine from Homebase for £3 (down from £9)...

If you do garden on a budget, its always worth having a scout around at the end of the seasons - nothing wrong in asking for a bit of discount (or even extra discount!) in the sheds as someone told me that all the plants which are past there best either get slung or sent back to the suppliers so its in there interests to sell them off....

I've planted our front garden up from scratch over the past few years, so buying reduced plants has certainly helped stock the borders up at a fraction of the cost.

Oh yeah, if anyone spots a reduced corner garden arbour at B&Q over the next few weeks, please let me know :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Oh yeah, if anyone spots a reduced corner garden arbour at B&Q over the next few weeks, please let me know :lol:
You may well :lol:
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Sorry - chammies are they ?
I'm no palm expert
Neil
kata

Post by kata »

No Neil, garden furniture, well thats whats coming up.

http://www.buyfencingdirect.co.uk/garde ... tAod-nQAUA

icon_sunny
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Not been in B & Q since end of July.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright