a lovely Spring day!!

GoggleboxUK

Re: a lovely Spring day!!

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Dave Brown wrote:
GoggleboxUK wrote:Similar here, bright and clear blue skies and lovely in the sunshine. Feels like May.

Unfortunately, this is what happened last year and the plants started to grow only to be set back badly by the snowfalls that followed.
Wouldn't like to be in your area in May then.

Snowfalls that followed icon_scratch icon_scratch icon_scratch It snowed in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr icon_thumbdown

There was no early growth.
0/10 for comprehension David.

Unfortunately, this is what happened last year and the plants started to grow only to be set back badly by the snowfalls that followed

In THIS sentence, the word THIS is the object referring to the subject material contained in the previous sentence AND in the title. What followed (the warm springlike February days) last year was snow in March and April.

I wouldn't like you to be in my area either in May. Whilst I'm enjoying the SPRING sunshine I can do without having to explain every last sentence to nitpickers.

:lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

That's nit pickers not nitpickers :lol: :lol:

Yes May is usually quite good here, before Summer kicks in and ruins it all :wink:
derrick

Post by derrick »

It did feel like spring today my conservatory felt warm .My T rex has moved outside and it is getting lighter .
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

It should be great once finished icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

stephenprudence wrote:That's nit pickers not nitpickers :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Brilliant! icon_thumright
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Sunny here yesterday and today as well but figures like 7 or 12C is way too cold for me to call it springlike.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Ignore robbin he just loves cold temperatures... ;)
dk

Post by dk »

7c and sunshine in february definitely feels springlike to me! In april it would be a different story...

Got out on my bike today and had a wonderful ride in the glorious sunshine, the only drawback was the wind, but compared to the past 2-3 weeks of relentless cold easterlies it felt very mild. icon_sunny