I am sure my tetrapanex rex is starting to grow?

sanatic1234

I am sure my tetrapanex rex is starting to grow?

Post by sanatic1234 »

I am not sure if it is just my eyes playing trick on me or should that be my mind playing tricks on me :lol: Anyway went down to the bottom of the garden to today when going to my shed just had a quick glance at my tetrapanex rex and noticed that the leaves on the growth points were looking bigger than what they did last week. Surely this can't be as i have not exactly had mild temps this past week really only the odd day has been nice.
leunerj

Re: I am sure my tetrapanex rex is starting to grow?

Post by leunerj »

Mine's definitely on the move. Wasn't there a discussion about these last year where some people suggested that these things respond more to day length than temperature?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Mine have started new growth (I note some slug/caterpillar damage). Still have some of last years leaves on them as well.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Mine is on the move also and has done before in February .I have 5 growing points all showing some green.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Growing here in west yorkshire.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

rotting here, I think mine is a dud.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

my smaller potted ones are in the unheated poly and all growing away, the main one in garden is shooting at the growth point icon_salut
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

derrick wrote:Mine is on the move also and has done before in February .I have 5 growing points all showing some green.
I have 5 growth points also derrick but thing that got me wondering a bit is that 3 growth points look to be growing? but two are not? I am quite surprised on how many members are growing, i will keep a close eye on it to see if it is or not.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

leunerj wrote:Mine's definitely on the move. Wasn't there a discussion about these last year where some people suggested that these things respond more to day length than temperature?
There probably was a discussion on the forum last year leunerj, it is only late last year that i started to use HTUK again, i did go quite for a while on the forum as i was using facebook HTUK a lot but i was having issues on the group for some reason. So back to the forum again. :-) facebook can take over your life a bit.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

My T REX has not stopped growing all winter really, it still looks good.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

sanatic1234 wrote:
leunerj wrote:Mine's definitely on the move. Wasn't there a discussion about these last year where some people suggested that these things respond more to day length than temperature?
There probably was a discussion on the forum last year leunerj, it is only late last year that i started to use HTUK again, i did go quite for a while on the forum as i was using facebook HTUK a lot but i was having issues on the group for some reason. So back to the forum again. :-) facebook can take over your life a bit.
I'm starting to use FB less and less, even uninstalled it off my phone :lol: icon_cheers
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I started a topic in Feb 2011 as I was getting pups emerging.

www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/viewtopi ... 5&p=170631
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fieldfest »

trex moving, bananas moving, echiums moving, cannas still standing with new green growth. freaky warm winter
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Sorry looks like I have told a lie, I just checked that link dave posted regarding the topic from last year and I made a post on it in February so looks like it wasn't end of the year when i starting using the forum again. :o Sorry for the lie there.