Anyone know why I can't post a topic?

samtobuk

Anyone know why I can't post a topic?

Post by samtobuk »

Trying this here as a tester, as went to start a new topic in the exotics reference forum and had a message saying it was accepted but needed to be ok'd by a moderator. :(

Is there a limit on how many topics you can start up whilst still a newbie? The topic has not appeared in the last two days since submitting it.

I also can't see pictures on certain posts, but can on others. Am a touch confused! :>beard<:
samtobuk

Re: Anyone know why I can't post a topic?

Post by samtobuk »

OK, so that worked. Are there different permissions for the reference forum?? Can happily post in here instead, but through it best if you are talking bamboos to put it in the bamboo specific area.

Thanks
kata

Post by kata »

You could try sending (if allowed) a private message (pm) to owner Dave Brown. It may be your account needs upgrading.

Or go to forum --> technical support from my link and post a message there.

viewforum.php?f=2
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

Thanks Kata. I will probably have to send Dave a pm.

Amusingly, I tried to post up in the technical help foum ....... but I don't seem to have privileges to post in there, as there is no 'new topic' button, unlike the other areas!! :lol:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Rather than sending a PM to Dave there is a Technical Support link at the bottom of (all I think?) pages, which I think is the preferred method. (I don't think you will be able to send a PM until your permissions are increased)
kata

Post by kata »

Quicker to send a pm Kristen as its Immediate delivery to Dave's Inbox,

Aidan, he could take longer to help out and its Dave who upgrades accounts...normally.

icon_sunny
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

If samtobuk can't post in those forums then I think it is likely that PM's won't be possible either until the account is upgraded ...

In this post :

viewtopic.php?p=283821#p283821

Dave said "If anyone has not been raised to registered user +, and thinks they should have been, they need to use the contact link at the bottom of every page to send an email. "
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

I think you are right Kristen, I can't see any pm button next to any members' names, and I can't click on members' names so that suggests I am limited in that capacity too.

I've found your link at the bottom of the page, thankyou, so I'll try to contact Dave via that route now. icon_salut