Weekend Weather Warning 8th/9th Feb 2014

cordyman

Weekend Weather Warning 8th/9th Feb 2014

Post by cordyman »

Wind/Rain/Sea... doesnt look good :shock:

Last edited by cordyman on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
stephenprudence

Re: Weekend Weather Warning 8th/9th Feb 2014

Post by stephenprudence »

NW England is a great place to live in weather situations like this.. I went to my allotment plot today and it was not that wet!

The general outlook looks rather sobering for coastal areas in Southwestern UK exposed to the Southwest though !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Its not been too bad in NW for rainfall this winter comparing the met office charts for the south icon_study Still wetter than i'd like though :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Sick of rain in NW..monsoon type rain some days.

We live under a cloud blanket in winter.

:(
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

There is animals leaving two by two here, where are they going.
el paso

Post by el paso »

Its been pretty wet in my corner of the NW. I think it has rained at some point everyday of 2014 so far apart from 2nd feb. Total rainfall for january was just over 200mm which I thought was quite a lot but when ive looked back there have been 3 years with more and another 2 with 140mm in the last 9 years.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Yeh floods all over the place .I was down near somerset two days ago floods .Winchester a pub was flooded .And my local the Swan in Southampton flooded .Dorset down to Plymouth looks bad also .My satnav took me down a lane the other day in the dark. And there was a car submerged under water. Lucky I was in a van the water went over the roof .Two of my mates got stuck in Portland for 3 hours because of the tide .The river stour avon and itchen all over the fields . I think the weekend will finish many homes .Some just hanging on not nice .
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

May be the calm before the storm right now, as absolutely still out there right now :shock:
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

Winds of 60/80 mph forecast tonight and tomorrow, same as last Wednesday and possibly again next Tuesday.
The river Frome here flows under the main (only) road to Swanage, by tomorrow it may flow across it.
Wareham sits between two rivers but about 30ft higher, if it wasn't half the town would be submerged. It's looking pretty grim here and in Somerset. I'm glad I don't live on Portland anymore!
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Have to travel south tomorrow and 60MPH winds forecast. Part of the A22 to Godstone was closed for flooding today and with heavy rain overnight and very heavy squally showers tomorrow I imagine the lake that diverted today's traffic will be a lot bigger when I try to swim past :roll:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Anyone under siege at the moment? Sunny here right now, but the wind is slowly picking up
kata

Post by kata »

Thank God it was a pussy cat here,

There was one massive blast about 11pm then I was thinking here we go no sleep but that was it...one blast.

Even the temp planted rose tree did'nt fall over.

Its calm between small gusts this morning and dry.

icon_sunny

But look
feb82013.png
An Environment Agency map shows flood warnings across the UK

Ah; Brilliant news that the Sikh charity is heading to Somerset. icon_thumleft
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Storm has arrived, heavy rain and gales battering the windows! :shock:

I've boxed in my polyhouse with wheely bins icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
dino

Post by dino »

Blowing a gale here with rain but nothing in comparison to some I would guess
kata

Post by kata »

Ok here..

...was windy enough to blow the bin over this afternoon but now calm.

icon_cheers