Does anyone grow/know...

stephenprudence

Does anyone grow/know...

Post by stephenprudence »

Canna 'pink magic'? I got myself one of these yesterday as a bulb.. It says Indian shot which I've always associated with Canna indica, however I suspect it's a hybrid. Does anyone know the hardiness of these potential hybrids at root level? Here it probably won't make much difference as hardy = tender when it comes to bulbs and other plants but it would be useful to find out.
Westport007

Re: Does anyone grow/know...

Post by Westport007 »

stephenprudence wrote:Canna 'pink magic'? I got myself one of these yesterday as a bulb.. It says Indian shot which I've always associated with Canna indica, however I suspect it's a hybrid. Does anyone know the hardiness of these potential hybrids at root level? Here it probably won't make much difference as hardy = tender when it comes to bulbs and other plants but it would be useful to find out.
hi,
These hybrids are actually quite hardy -5c.So they are well worth giving a go.If your in southern England they prob make it through the winter outdoors with just a thick mulch thrown over them.Best of luck! :D icon_salut
stephenprudence

Re: Does anyone grow/know...

Post by stephenprudence »

Thanks icon_thumleft

I can never win with bulbs, I dig em up they die, leave them in the ground they die, well we'll see what happens!