Visit to Pan Global Plants

samtobuk

Visit to Pan Global Plants

Post by samtobuk »

Popped in on the weekend as just up the road from me and not long re-opened.

The rain even stopped and the sun shone for a while! :ahhh!:

Thought it would be rude not to grab a couple of pics .....

Think Nick is now doing mail order. Incredibly knowledgeable guy and always happy to have a chat, so if you don't live near enough well worth a call!
Attachments
Rostrata I presume?
Rostrata I presume?
Two good sizes Waggys
Two good sizes Waggys
T.rex plantation coming back to life
T.rex plantation coming back to life
Stunning Vivax culms
Stunning Vivax culms
The arid crown jewels .....tempting to ignore the private sign and just go in!!
The arid crown jewels .....tempting to ignore the private sign and just go in!!
Almost came away with this Schefflera rhododendrifolia ...... but resisted this time!
Almost came away with this Schefflera rhododendrifolia ...... but resisted this time!
Here's what I did succumb to!
Here's what I did succumb to!
fern Rob

Re: Visit to Pan Global Plants

Post by fern Rob »

I would like to visit, I always look at whats on the web page. whats the 3rd plant at the back?
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

Here you go Rob ........ a fern of course!

http://www.panglobalplants.com/plants-f ... e=ferns121
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

samtobuk wrote:Here you go Rob ........ a fern of course!

http://www.panglobalplants.com/plants-f ... e=ferns121
Already grow this one, it spreads and makes a nice covering pops up when you don't expect it, i wouldn't say it is invasive at all and would be easy to pull up, even though i have pulled some up and moved it, it is such a light and open fern with a hint of red throughout the year, its one of a handful of ground ferns that i grow and a 10 out of 10 plant, you will not regret buying it.
samtobuk

Post by samtobuk »

Thanks for the info, I'll have to think on about where to put it then if it is a bit of a spreader. Do like a good red fern, so couldn't resist it!
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

samtobuk wrote:Thanks for the info, I'll have to think on about where to put it then if it is a bit of a spreader. Do like a good red fern, so couldn't resist it!
Spreading yes but slowish and not invasive, I wouldn't be without it in the garden.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

I was working near pan global plants Wednesday and had to pop in for a visit. The Yucca in the garden is the best Yucca I have ever seen.

His private collection the greenhouse looked great.

I couldn't resist the Schefflera rhododendrifolia, plus a couple of euphorbia's.

Hope im working that way in the summer.
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

I would love a nose around that nursery - I would need a van to come home though. I quite fancy Ginkgo biloba 'Beijing Gold' from their collection. I would like to add some warm colours to the garden.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I have two Ginkgo biloba one thats been planted for a few years and another to plant, well worth planting for the foliage and it holds its autumn colour for quite some time.