wettest winter on record!!!!

Nigel

Re: wettest winter on record!!!!

Post by Nigel »

I think bristol is around 900mm annually , with around 280mm in dec, jan andf feb, so at more than 200% we had 2 foot of rain this winter.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Nigel wrote:I think bristol is around 900mm annually , with around 280mm in dec, jan andf feb, so at more than 200% we had 2 foot of rain this winter.

Surprised the polytunnels aren't floating :shock: Has it been the wettest youve spent in the UK locally?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Cordy, I have never experienced a period of rain like it , this is why the military described it as the biggest natural disaster the country has ever faced. Just south of me the somerset levels are still flooded and they reckon even with good weather it might not recede fully for 4 to 6 weeks. I have hardly worked in my tunnels this winter ,everything I do just stirs up mud and makes it worse so i have tried to just leave it as it is.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

And Boris Johnsons wants another London airport on the Thames Estuary. It had better float!
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Nigel wrote:Cordy, I have never experienced a period of rain like it , this is why the military described it as the biggest natural disaster the country has ever faced. Just south of me the somerset levels are still flooded and they reckon even with good weather it might not recede fully for 4 to 6 weeks. I have hardly worked in my tunnels this winter ,everything I do just stirs up mud and makes it worse so i have tried to just leave it as it is.

Thats what everyone I speak to says, worst they have witnessed! But on paper I think 2007 was worse?

Everything needs a good dry period, with some warm baking sun icon_salut
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cordyman wrote:
Nigel wrote:Cordy, I have never experienced a period of rain like it , this is why the military described it as the biggest natural disaster the country has ever faced. Just south of me the somerset levels are still flooded and they reckon even with good weather it might not recede fully for 4 to 6 weeks. I have hardly worked in my tunnels this winter ,everything I do just stirs up mud and makes it worse so i have tried to just leave it as it is.

Thats what everyone I speak to says, worst they have witnessed! But on paper I think 2007 was worse?

Everything needs a good dry period, with some warm baking sun icon_salut
I would have thought this year was worse than 2007 as that year it was relatively short lived, whereas this year some communities are faced with 3 or 4 months of homes being flooded. There just seems no end in sight, although this past weeks good weather has been a godsend, and it looks like it will continue normal rather than abnormal now.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

it isn't accurate