A haunting view of a closed exotic garden

stephenprudence

Re: A haunting view of a closed exotic garden

Post by stephenprudence »

It was in the middle of nowhere I think, and it was relying on being an outright attraction. The main signs for it are on the M6 (I think), and it's quite a way out there, so it wasn't like it was near something or in conjunction with something, for example around here we have this attraction called the Blue Planet Aquarium... in all honesty it's not the greatest attraction, but it's kept going because around the corner there's a major shopping outlet, restaurants and a cinema, so gets visitors on a day out. They were relying on sales alone from being a standalone attraction, sadly it was never going to last night that.
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

A large part of the glass houses were relocated to a garden centre near Bingley, West Yorks early in 2013.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Arhghghghghg that Yucca is still there, i may need to go and get it :shock: :lol: Didn't bother at the time as it leans over the then full pond, i've mentioned before I should have just pulled it out and got as much root as poss...

On the right of this pic >>>

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l50 ... r3/072.jpg

Looks like Henry ended up getting all the trachys which lined the front 12 or so I recall? wish he'd put some pics up of how there doing...

EDIT.
Henry wrote:I went on teusday, there wasn't a huge palm selection for outdoors , only the trachys out the front. Two had been sold already, I bought the other 10 and the yuccas. I also got the 'black boy' grass tree inside.
Glad I was there early or it would of been a dissapointing long trip!
Henry wrote:I'm digging them out on the 15th when there closed to the public, I can't opperate the mini-digger while there still open to the public. I will have them all out in the day with the digger.

I only managed to get a "zombie palm" from there :lol:

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... 31&t=12888

and this nana

Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

I'm sure it was an Aquatic nursery and supplier before the Oasis complex opened and just called Stapley Water Gardens.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Some lovely plants.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

The pics were from 2012 - is there anything still left there? I would be keen to "rescue" (nab) a few freebies from there if anything was still surviving....
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Think it's been demolished now Ben. Im sure someone can say to correct, but it was planned to be knocked down last year.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Thanks Stephen, shame I missed it...