How much is your water bill?

multim

Re: How much is your water bill?

Post by multim »

fern Rob wrote:Not on the metre, great for the garden.
I don't pay by the metre, but I am on a meter! Just me in the household - no wife or kids to consume vast amounts of water so I pay £10 per month............
Springy

Post by Springy »

I'd love to be able to tell you but since paperless billing I can't log into my account as I can't seem to give it the correct info to log in! :evil: icon_geek :cry:
kata

Post by kata »

Mine is about £45 a month. Robbing barstuards
:ahhh!: :ahhh!: that is just feckin extortionate I thought I was robbed at £32.00 a month, bound to reach 40 quid come April.

They could do it cheaper if they channeled it better. 3/4 goes down the drains (outside). Also the amount of rain I get we should sell it to Africa.

I know someone, a friend who lives on a street where those at the bottom of the street pay more because the street has an uphill slant. Utillities said it takes more water to travel uphill... :lol: :lol:
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Water bill time, that will be pretty Ironic to those poor feckers whose homes are still flooded and swimming in swerage
Leigh
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

In the UK I paid £8 a month for water (unmetered) & £22 a month for waste water... I was dreading how much it would cost here in Malta as there are no natural water sources & all water is produced via desalination & it is metered, so you can imagine my delight when I have been paying on average just 12 Euro a month for both water AND sewage! Makes you appreciate just what a rip off the UK is...
billdango

Post by billdango »

I,m on a meter and my annual water bill is about £260.00 pounds a year so thats not to bad I think?

I will give a better update when I get this years bill next month.

billdango :D
kata

Post by kata »

Good point about the flooding Leigh,

Lets hope Utillities won't be aware of the size of any compen.

:(
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

miketropic wrote:I had to pay sewage at the old house but the new has a septic so free on that bill now
Dunno about states-side??, but this side of the pond mains-connected sewerage is charged based on how much water you use - so use twice as much water, to water your garden, and your sewerage doubles too. Whereas on septic tank etc. there is no sewerage cost, so water for garden is paid at "just" the price of the water.
fern Rob wrote:Not on the meter, great for the garden.
Not sure that logic is sound. For Water Rates cost is shared, so someone in a flat is subsidising your garden watering (you might even be required to buy an additional license to use a hose on water rates?) ... the flat-owner will be incentivised to install a meter as their water rates will increasingly become above average ... and then only those left using above average amounts of water will be sharing the cost of water rates ... least-ways that's how I see it.

My metered water was £500 last year, we are not on mains sewerage, have an "average" family size, but extra people here daytime Mon-Fri (book keeping etc.), water the garden loads in Summer (we use at least twice as much water in Summer as Winter months).
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

My water bill just came in, combined water and waste at: £303, was £283 last year. I am not on a meter. I think that makes me the cheapest :p AND I live in "expensive" London!
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

£460 a year (bargain :shock:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Kristen wrote:
miketropic wrote:I had to pay sewage at the old house but the new has a septic so free on that bill now
Dunno about states-side??, but this side of the pond mains-connected sewerage is charged based on how much water you use - so use twice as much water, to water your garden, and your sewerage doubles too. Whereas on septic tank etc. there is no sewerage cost, so water for garden is paid at "just" the price of the water.

correct! so I use all the water I want with out the added cost of the sewage. I really pumped the water to it last year and this yard is twice the size so I can't wait! now I should have a water bill around 40/50 usd a month here at the new place and I will leave the sprinklers on constant
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

that seems good Mikem whats the average wage
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I think minimum wage is somthin like 7.25 not for sure anymore. I live in a semi poor area so you have really well paying and very low paying not much inbetween. I would say average is somthing about 9.00 usd/hr around here
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

miketropic wrote:I think minimum wage is somthin like 7.25
wikipedia agrees (but might be out of date). At the exchange rate of 2012 (and presumably same legal time-frame for Minimum Wage) the UK minimum wage was US$10.02

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mi ... by_country

"Median household income" has USA on US$29,056 (4th highest) and UK on US$25,237 although the "purchasing power parity" for UK is US$23,182 (16th) - so buy's less in the UK. (USA is same for both, natch!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_household_income
TonyJ

Post by TonyJ »

I have been a long time lurker of few posts but felt compelled to let you know how much dear old Wessex Water is going to charge me for this year....
WATER SERVICES = £503.86
SEWERAGE SERVICES = 418.47

GRAND TOTAL = £922.33 !! :ahhh!:

Believe it or not, I've worked out what it could cost switching to a meter down here...and i'd be no better off.
If any of you on a meter want some free water then come on down with your bowsers :lol: (why am I laughing ?)