How much???

Mowgley

How much???

Post by Mowgley »

Just been thinking about how much money I've spent already this year on plants, compost,seeds.
At the start of the year I planned not to spend more than £120 but that's looking doubtful :lol:
How much does the rest of you plan to spend annually?
stephenprudence

Re: How much???

Post by stephenprudence »

Im not dreaming of starting anything yet, as we have plenty of frost on the way here, and I have no means to heat a greenhouse at the moment. Ive spent about £15 on bulbs so far, but that'll all I'll be spending this year. No idea when I'm going to be able to start the bulbs though, probably not until May or so.
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Nothing this year on tropicals as Ive got everything I need I think but looking for some guttering to start a hydroponic veggie production line.A cheap second hand greenhouse might come my way too if Im lucky.
bodster

Post by bodster »

I just spent 150 pounds on an order of proteas, telopeas and leucospermums form Italy. I suspect thats just the start.... It is our hobby though and thats always going to cost. Its no different than spending it on golf!
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

My aim was zero spend on plants and concentrate on landscaping only. Then the sales started and some ebay bargains and I am £300 or so on plants alone and have spent nothing on landscaping yet. Really will stop with plants now...probably.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

bodster wrote:I just spent 150 pounds on an order of proteas, telopeas and leucospermums form Italy. I suspect thats just the start.... It is our hobby though and thats always going to cost. Its no different than spending it on golf!
Indeed, in fact golf balls and plants have pretty identifiable similarities...

We always lose them someway or other :lol: :mrgreen:
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Some plants are ordered and some I already have had delivered, I've spent about £500 so far on plants.
ConcreteJungle

Post by ConcreteJungle »

150, plan to spend 300 max. Only started exotic gardening late last yr. So a whole garden to fill!
multim

Post by multim »

I never seem to have a plan as to how much to spend......I guess it's about £300 - £500 depending on what I see. When I return from a trip to Cornwall, the car always seems full of plants. End of season bargains are always too good to miss. Last month I found a Trachycarpus F with 80cm trunk reduced from £99.99 to £20. It had to come home!
kata

Post by kata »

£26 on Compost and £12.00 on Manure, I still need Alpine stone for the pots.

A palm from Nigel, forget how much but the bug came free...... :lol: :lol: :lol: soz Nig, I could'nt resist.

I want a half - standard new Rose that flowers all summer long which my sis has the shrub version. £40.00

I am waiting for Lilium Species Nepalense - pack of 1 £11.31 and probably be buying Violas when they arrive and Dahlias etc.

A Sikki, ordering that tomorrow £12.00

icon_sunny
billdango

Post by billdango »

Not much spending on plants this year as I have to do a lot of painting and decorating on the house.

But I may buy a couple of cane palms for my side entrance when B&Q gets a fresh lot in.

billdango icon_sunny
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Spending loads of money this year but really only on landscaping.
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Tiki hut to build, water feature to build.
Can't resist plants, always need compost, seeds etc ect
Be lucky to keep it to £1000.
But can't resist at garden centres!
karl66

Post by karl66 »

As little as possible :) , I've done in excess of £32k in just over 3 year's so apart from some odd's/end's I need a cheap few year's, we are however on the lookout fro some nice garden statue's & quality bench's, in all honesty the garden I now like the amazon :lol: ........................., a large jubaea for the front garden if found at the right money.
PaulPlants

Post by PaulPlants »

I don't count how much I spend... That would be far too scary!

I've already been tempted by the bulbs in stores and have gone for Gladiolus, Lily's and a Peone... Oh and then the £60 I spent on carnivorous plants... There was also the 11 ferns I just picked up, and the two Pleione we're begging for a home in my garden!

Not 100% where I will squeeze all of these purchases, but I'll find a way, and for sure there will be more!