Who's enjoying the current mild frost/dry spell?

cordyman

Who's enjoying the current mild frost/dry spell?

Post by cordyman »

This weather is heaven to me right now after the monsoon season. Trails dried up, lawn dried up, definetely cooler at night with a chill in the air, even had a mild frost this morning...

BUT oh so worth it for sunny dry days, down to my shirt on lunch today, no jacket, sunroof open, absolutely lovely.

chance of frost = clear skies = sun sun sun = profit icon_salut icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_scratch

Anyone else adoring this change of weather pattern?
stephenprudence

Re: Who's enjoying the current mild frost/dry spell?

Post by stephenprudence »

The sun is great, I love that aspect, however Im not so keen on walking to work when it's 1C, it's just uncomfortable as the sun is not too warm by 7:40am
bordersboy

Post by bordersboy »

Lovely day but it wont save my lawn. Its sodden from a newly formed spring thats being fed from the hills above me. icon_scratch
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

What mild frost/dry spell?

It rained today, but we also had a tiny bit of sun. No frost. Pretty much more of the same mild, wet winter weather, but the sunny spells feel warmer due to the stronger sun,
stephenprudence

Latest mode output reinforces the potential for a long dry spell, and mild to boot.. however it probably will change, and chop over the next week.
eddie

Post by eddie »

No dry spell here, no frost either, but looks like weather's improving. With SW currents we're always a day or two behind the uk weatherwise

bring it on !
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

The BBC forecast looks rather spring-like:
bbc_march4.png
stephenprudence

10C with sunshine currently.. Feels lovely!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

AS long as it does not wreck my basjoo etc as I am all unwrapped icon_shaking2
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Don't want frost now but its useful for reducing pests and diseases.
stephenprudence

If the GFS model is correct then the west will have plenty of damaging frost next week...
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

The Codfather wrote:AS long as it does not wreck my basjoo etc as I am all unwrapped icon_shaking2
A brief frost will not do for Basjoo except perhaps to blacken the top / roller its the prolonged -10oC temps week after week they don't like! Well, thats down in these 'ere parts! :roll:

...Just stay optimistic! :D
Clive60

Post by Clive60 »

No sun here today but it's dry with a cold wind but relatively mild at 9c, supposed to warm up a degree or two in the coming days but cold nights and possibly frost have been forecast.
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

Clive60 wrote:No sun here today but it's dry with a cold wind but relatively mild at 9c
A low of 7.5C here last night and a high of 14.5C yesterday, with quite a bit of sun.

The next couple of days are looking mild, in the 15-17C territory with lows between 7-8C.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

I do, but no frost here as well, just cooler nights. The daytemperature combinated with sunshine makes life much better again. :)