Lillies in Poundland

GoggleboxUK

Lillies in Poundland

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Poundland has Asiatic and Oriental Lily bulb packs in stock currently. I picked up a few packs yesterday and planted them straight out as they were alresdy shooting.

I have no idea of how much they are though. You'll have to ask an assistant.
Cathy

Re: Lillies in Poundland

Post by Cathy »

thanks for the nod icon_salut I do have terrible lily beetle damage whenever I try to grow lillies despite patrolling as often as I can :roll: but ever the optimist, perhaps I'll have another go :D
Cardiffcol

Post by Cardiffcol »

Every other day last year I was picking them pesky Beatles off the Lillie's. Is there a spray or something you can use as a deterrent?
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Hey Goggle how much were they? :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

Cardiffcol wrote:Every other day last year I was picking them pesky Beatles off the Lillie's. Is there a spray or something you can use as a deterrent?
It's a long and winding road keeping them at bay. I needed help doing that last year. I'd been working like a dog picking them off etc, etc.
:wink:
Seriously though, I found a soapy water spray helped with the muck the larvae produce and then just being vigilant with picking the adults off
derrick

Post by derrick »

I got some more too and will plant them out later. I dug them all up last year from the garden .I need to find a good place as I keep sticking the fork in them . The red beetles I killed hundreds last year .My wife uses them as nail varnish they splat red.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Poundland has Asiatic and Oriental Lily bulb packs in stock currently. I picked up a few packs yesterday and planted them straight out as they were alresdy shooting.

I have no idea of how much they are though. You'll have to ask an assistant.
a pound? :lol:
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Cardiffcol wrote: Is there a spray or something you can use as a deterrent?
Systemic insecticide will do the trick, Provado for example.
derrick

Post by derrick »

I found two lily beetles in the garden today .