Can you dissolve chicken pellets?

ourarka

Can you dissolve chicken pellets?

Post by ourarka »

I read somewhere that you can dissolve a handful of chicken manure pellets in a bucket of water, then add a jugful to a watering can to make up a high N feed for musas, gunneras, Dicksonia antarctica etc. Seeing as my dogs think that a sprinkling of chicken manure is an all-you-can eat buffet, is this effective?
GoggleboxUK

Re: Can you dissolve chicken pellets?

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Yes, I use hot water and leave them to dissolve overnight then water the following day with the cooled mixture.
helen

Post by helen »

I throw a load into a large bucket, add water and leave in the garden with a lid on it. When I need some, I just pour some out. Top up with more pellets and water whenever I remember.
Be careful, it's a jungle out there!
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

ourarka wrote:I read somewhere that you can dissolve a handful of chicken manure ................ is this effective?
I find the following method the best for me. Grab yourself an empty 6 pint milk container ( i use asda's but Harrods will do just as well). Its roughly 10 inches high, so using a permanent marker, mark off 10 equal segments up the side of the container. Fill to the first marker with chicken pellets and then fill half way up with water. Before putting the screw cap back on, squeeze the bottle in a bit to allow for gases etc. Lid on, then give it a good shake. Leave overnight or until your ready to use the mix. When you are ready to use the mix, fill the milk container right to the top with water, then lid on and another good shake. I use a 7.5 litre watering can which i then add one segment of mix to the watering can. Fill watering can with water, give it a stir and its ready to go. The good thing about this method is, you have a concentrated mix on hand in the milk container , whenever you need it. The bonus is, you can put the lid back on the milk container ...............no smell.
If you use an open bucket to store it, you risk world war 3 with family and neighbours due to its ...........ummm......unique aroma :lol:
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Never thought of using chicken pellets like that - I shall try this year, many thanks all/
pdid

Post by pdid »

Good ol poo brew!
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote: Grab yourself an empty 6 pint milk container ......... its ...........ummm......unique aroma :lol:
Also make sure you don't put it together with your milk and end up pouring it on your breakfast cereal :lol:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Conifers wrote:
Arlon Tishmarsh wrote: Grab yourself an empty 6 pint milk container ......... its ...........ummm......unique aroma :lol:
Also make sure you don't put it together with your milk and end up pouring it on your breakfast cereal :lol:
It'll put hairs on your chest............. :lol:

Women too...... :lol: :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Women too...... :lol: :lol:
On your chest........ :lol: :lol:
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Hi I'll have to try that as well because my dogs also think the pellets are a free dinner :D