Any good garden centre in North London area?

Springy

Re: Any good garden centre in North London area?

Post by Springy »

samtobuk wrote:Thanks guys. Yes, had noticed that Silktree looks tempting at first glance but based on their ebay and website they don't have that much in stock and can be a touch pricey.

I'll have more than my hands full getting around Gardening Club, Hillside and Paramount methinks! icon_rambo

Just need to decide what order to do them in ....... think I'll do Hillside first, then GC, the Paramount last ....... just hope I don't do the classic and buy something at one place only to find it cheaper up the road!! :?
Well I always buy the "must haves" when I see them but otherwise I window shop and go back to the cheapest place afterwards. That's the good thing at crews hill, you don't travel a long distance to each one. The gardening club would have the best prices I would say but regulars to the area might know different!
phatplants

Re: Any good garden centre in North London area?

Post by phatplants »

Just need to decide what order to do them in ....... think I'll do Hillside first, then GC, the Paramount last ....... just hope I don't do the classic and buy something at one place only to find it cheaper up the road!! :?[/quote]

I'm going to visit on Monday in that order too! and was thinking exactly the same thing, as both Hillside and GC are very reasonably priced. Paramount will probably be a little more pricey, with a good stock of large palms and Tree Ferns. Hillside had some fantastic Tree Ferns in their tropical greenhouse last year, will be interesting to see if they are still there. Don't forget to take some pics!