your motivation and style...

pdid

Re: your motivation and style...

Post by pdid »

I think for me it is plants that are a little bit unusual and the challenge of growing plants that aren't meant to grow where I live.

TBH my garden is more a collection of plants than a garden as I've not mastered blending everything together yet!
Rabbie

Post by Rabbie »

Its all about novelty and trying things that are difficult, which in turn holds my interest. I enjoy growing from seed to seed and as much as I like my gardens to look nice am more interested in the individual plants. icon_salut
PaulPlants

Post by PaulPlants »

CW01 - I describe my garden as my jungle. I like unusual plants, be that big leaves, or unusual forms, I like the wow factor. Whenever someone comes into my garden they make a comment, whether they garden or not, and that makes me proud of what I've done.
bamboo bibb

Post by bamboo bibb »

Hi I have been gardening for the last 25 years and my motivation is that I just love the outdoors,im at my happiest when im in my muck, I enjoy transforming my garden year after year. my back garden is what I would call my tropical looking garden but my front is the cottage garden which I love equaly, just wish I had more garden because I like so many styles of gardening and would love to be able to walk around into different areas an acre would do it. If I had to move into a flat they might as well shut me now that's what gardening means to me.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Lots of my friends think my garden is exotic. I dont see it until high summer. But I just love the evergreen lush feel that my bamboo trachies and tree ferns bring. Its the nearest I get to anything tropixal or exotic.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Always wanted a tree fern, one I purchased one I started purchasing other tropical plants.