Agave.....almost in flower

lucian

Post by lucian »

Well, it's almost there. This has taken almost exactly a year to get from lump at the top of the plant to ready to flower. I'm pretty convinced that this is a Montana.

I can't seem to get the image upright, so my apologies for the need to neck crane!
Attachments
IMG_4652.JPG
JonC

Re: Agave.....almost in flower

Post by JonC »

Nice one. The only downside to flowering is that the plant dies afterwards I believe. It does look great though.

The image looks okay when clicked to view full size. I have had the issue with images not showing in the correct orientation, but they all seem to display okay when viewed full size. Maybe someone can chip in and help out on how to fix this?
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

JonC wrote:I have had the issue with images not showing in the correct orientation, but they all seem to display okay when viewed full size. Maybe someone can chip in and help out on how to fix this?
Here is an explanation of why that happens and how to fix it:
https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-yo ... y-rotated/

I don't have Auto-rotate in my Windows, but there is other software that can do that, e.g. you can open the image in PhotoShop and export it.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Well done with that! Don't suppose there are any pups at the base. Maybe you'll get plantlets on the seed heads.
JonC

Post by JonC »

Thanks for the tip below. I've just edited my make over post and corrected the images. Great information below. Thanks very much. Regards. Jon.

otorongo wrote:
JonC wrote:I have had the issue with images not showing in the correct orientation, but they all seem to display okay when viewed full size. Maybe someone can chip in and help out on how to fix this?
Here is an explanation of why that happens and how to fix it:
https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why-yo ... y-rotated/

I don't have Auto-rotate in my Windows, but there is other software that can do that, e.g. you can open the image in PhotoShop and export it.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Nice one Lucien, Looks like A.montana. Don't believe they have pups, certainly not any on mine.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Great flower spike.

Agave montana are tough plants.

I have had one in a pot for 6 or 7 years and the only protection it gets in the winter is when I drag it down the side of the house under my lean to. Last winter was a cold one as well.