Adverts!

charliepridham

Adverts!

Post by charliepridham »

Anyone else getting ads between posts in the threads?
sazmo

Adverts!

Post by sazmo »

Not noticed any
Arlon Tishmarsh

Adverts!

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Me neither
charliepridham

Adverts!

Post by charliepridham »

Its not every thread just some but its really annoying I can sort of understand if Dave Brown has decided to get help funding the forum but would have like to be told about it
Arlon Tishmarsh

Adverts!

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Can you take a screenshot when it happens and then post it here. Maybe someone will have a better idea
DiCasS

Adverts!

Post by DiCasS »

Yes Charlie, I can see it now, but then again, I always used to see ads on the old forum too. The ads are usually something relevant to myself but the one I am seeing in this thread doesn't apply. It's about making money from old items.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
charliepridham

Adverts!

Post by charliepridham »

Interesting that there were ads there before, I never saw them. I tried to do a screen shot but cant see how to do it on the desk top, then discovered there is no edit button any more so had to delete my first attempt, I will try again tomorrow from the tablet
Aidan Brown
Site Admin

Adverts!

Post by Aidan Brown »

There were ads after the first post, but the code broke in October last year when I enabled https for the entire site.

The money generated from these just about covers the web hosting each year. They should only be text ads not graphics ones. I can enable the ads to be personalised but because of all the privacy stuff going around at the moment just enabled generic ads. This can be changed if there is a consensus to....
charliepridham

Adverts!

Post by charliepridham »

Having thought about it Ads are probably a fairer way of funding the forum than a donations button which in the case of the forum I run means the costs fall on the shoulders of just one or two good souls (and me!)

and thank you for undertaking the upgrade and rescue work
chainsaw kid

Adverts!

Post by chainsaw kid »

This is the first time I have been able to post on here since the melt down, icon_cheers I can see an advert for google chrome which isn't to offensive. I personally don't mind a few adverts if It helps to keep the forum open, as long as it doesn't get like eBay were the site freezes until the adverts are loaded. Ruddy annoying that. icon_rambo
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
sazmo

Adverts!

Post by sazmo »

I can see one now after the 1st post. Strange I never noticed one till it was pointed out.