Winter records

tracky ted

Winter records

Post by tracky ted »

Just down loaded EASYLOG temperature USB censor . End of Feb into March went below freezing continually over four days lowest being -7c . Rain protected agave Salmiana suffered a lot of damage looks very sick I don't know if it will recover. It was a good size big wide leaves the size of shovels my pride and joy :( . A rain protected Cleistocactus which formed two columns from the same about 10" high one survived and one died icon_.scratch. Agave Americana variegate , Aloe Striatula , Aloe Aristrata , came through out in the elements icon_cheers . I have a collection of Agaves in pots lots of pups in pots some in greenhouse some outside . Been away for several weeks came back and lots of the potted agaves are looking sick, sods law I was away when the hard frost came and was away when the heat wave
came . The heat from the sun on the pots must have started the damage the roots. You win some you lose some. icon_geek
tracky ted

Winter records

Post by tracky ted »

agave.jpg
How they used to look AGAVE SALMIANA and the tall Cleistocactus Strausii
tracky ted

Winter records

Post by tracky ted »

try again
agave.jpg
Attachments
agave.jpg
agave.jpg
agave.jpg
DiCasS

Winter records

Post by DiCasS »

Wish we could see your photos ted. It's gutting to lose a nice specimen, it must have looked wonderful with leaves that size.

I haven't got many succulents, two or 3 maybe but was surprised 3 small parryi's survived without protection planted right up against my house. I feel blessed they're alive. Variegated Americana looks dreadful, plain one no problem in a pot.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
GREVILLEAJ

Winter records

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

'The Beast' claimed a number of mature Aloes and Brugmansia from the unheated greenhouse. A few smaller versions of some of the Aloes survived, simply because they overwinter in sunny classroom windows at a nearby school. Like Ted, I was out of the country when it hit and again during the recent heatwave. Thanks to my son's efforts no casualties there apart from the lawn.

I think we sustained four ice days during the cold spell
tracky ted

Winter records

Post by tracky ted »

hope
sal 1.jpg
sal 1.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 4287 times
robbiep22

Winter records

Post by robbiep22 »

for all these temperature controlled areas in the world there are some necessary resources for the school going kids which can be easily bought from the Back to school free coupons. Through these coupons, students can get these amazing discounts.
Sincered

Winter records

Post by Sincered »

for all these temperature controlled areas in the world there are some necessary resources
https://athletesphysiques.com/black-label-x-reviews/