Jungle Garden for Sale - with House!

The Lexulator

Post by The Lexulator »

Yep, you read it correctly, we're moving!<br/>
See more of The Jungle Garden here <URL url="https://thejunglegarden.uk/"> - and there's a link to the house listing on Right Move<br/>
<br/>
We've enjoyed being part of Roundhay Open Gardens and The NGS Open Gardens for a few years, meeting some great people along the way - thank you - if you did visit & your support. However, a change to 'Bungalows R Us' with a smaller garden is imminent. I’ll still do a bit of outrageous planting but not on quite such a scale.<br/>
<br/>
Do you know anyone with imaginative green fingers?<br/>
<br/>
Regards,<br/>
<br/>
Nick<br/>
<br/>
PS - asked admin where/if to put this & not heard back so hope I'm posting in the right place.</r>
rufc15lizzie

Post by rufc15lizzie »

Wow can't believe your leaving it.
I visited your garden on the NGS maybe 3 years, maybe 4. It was amazing.

If i left my garden, I'd have to dog most up and take with me. Then again mine is not as impressive as yours and I was so so so jealous of your raised tiki hut/seating area/hut thing. Fabulous.

Post by chainsaw kid »

Super whizzy garden and the house is' Ent to shabby either. :wink: I hope you enjoy your new home. Thanks for sharing. icon_thumright
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
tatter

Post by tatter »

hope the new owners really appreciate what a wonderful garden they will be getting and do not try to change it.
As the kid said the house aint bad either. Good luck in your new home.What a wrench it must be to leave it .
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
The Lexulator

Post by The Lexulator »

Thanks for your comments.

Decision made, we've been here 30 years, it's time. Priorities change, daughter lives in Garforth to east of Leeds close to easy train access back into Leeds and grandson is now 4½ and great fun, so long as I can hand him back! We’d like to stay in the area but you get more for your money outside Leeds, so we’ll probably move to 'Bungalows R Us' with a smaller garden somewhere east of Leeds.

And being a bloke, I don’t have a problem thinking ‘Ok, Jungle Garden at No76 – done that, put the memories in a box in my head and move onto to something else – let someone else have as much pleasure as I have had over the years. Have a number of 4mts+ bamboos in containers & a selection of cuttings, divisions etc… (off site) that will travel with me to a new garden & allow me to start again with some outrageous planting, but not on quite such a scale.

We've enjoyed being part of Roundhay Open Gardens and The NGS Open Gardens for a few years, meeting some great people along the way. It’s a great entertaining space as much as a horticultural box of delights, so anyone could manage it, plus the Jungle Lodge that everyone loves. Fingers crossed for the sale, 4 viewings last weekend & 2 couples went away saying they’d be back with family/relatives for 2nd viewings – but you can never be sure until the cash is in the bank!

Happy gardening!