Gran Canaria Gardens.

chainsaw kid

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by chainsaw kid »

I have been going to the Canaries for many years but this year have decided to o to a different part, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, which I haven't visited before, does anyone know of any good gardens or indeed any other attraction they could recommend. Many thanks in anticipation Jason. icon_thumright
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
GREVILLEAJ

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Hi, Jas. There's a very good garden just south of Las Palmas called Jardin Botanico Viera y Clavijo.

It's free entry and takes 2 to 3 hours to get around.
chainsaw kid

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by chainsaw kid »

Thank you Greville, I was rather hoping you would jump in with a suggestion or two. icon_thumright

Regards Jason.

The Kid.
Heniom

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by Heniom »

I was there several times and would recommend to visit Jardin Botanico Viera & Clavijo, Doramas Park and Catedral de Santa Ana. I liked this part of Spain so much that even think of buying property in Canary Islands https://tranio.com/spain/canary_islands/ but haven't made my mind yet. Prices are always changing and hard to follow this tendency.
chainsaw kid

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by chainsaw kid »

Thank you both for your suggestion I did indeed go and enjoyed it very much. The most enjoyable part of the garden for me was the Cacti garden and the ponds which were full of the noisiest green frogs I have ever heard! Must be because it was spring. However you should have warned me I needed a climbing ropes and crampons on the first part of the garden! I have a none specific neurological problem and Lou suffers from vertigo. We must have looked a right pair climbing up and down the mountainous bit. If I ever went again I would take a taxi to the bottom entrance. Just warning to any one wanting to go but with health problems. icon_thumright There is a nice restaurant at the bottom entrance on the other side of the road. Heniom there are some nice houses on your link and at one time I was thinking of buying something there until one day I was sat next to a guy on the plane who had done just that and regretted it bitterly and sold it again due to ever rising charges. His advice was buy a house at home were you have more control and use the money from renting it out to go on holiday. That made a lot of sense to me. But I suppose" you pays your money and you makes your choice " as the old saying goes. icon_thumright

The Kid.
GREVILLEAJ

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

20160103_165700.jpg
Glad you enjoyed the garden, CK

Did you get any pics?
20160103_165700.jpg
Do you remember this view?

My wife was too well dressed to do any climbing :lol:
I remember we had an appointment in Las Palmas at the time and stopped in the garden on the way.
chainsaw kid

Gran Canaria Gardens.

Post by chainsaw kid »

HI Grev, I did take a few shots but I am up to my neck at the moment, I will try and put something up in a couple of weeks. By the way your wife looks very smart.

Regards Jas. icon_thumright

The Kid.