Welcome back HTUK

Daftattitude

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Daftattitude »

One could argue that you are victims of your own success. I have spent many hours over the last couple of years reading the posts on here about whatever plant has caught my eye. I didnt need to post any questions as it seems everything had already been covered.The time you spent over the years was not wasted, it is much appreciated by a lot of people.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.
Springy Steve

Welcome back HTUK

Post by Springy Steve »

@Daftattitude:
For me it was the fact that I lost 4 or 5 years of my blog (probably when most of the exciting changes/projects were done) and also not being able to log in using my original name.

You mention that lots of plants and questions had been covered but I grow loads of ‘new’ plants that would have kept the forum current and I’ve also done a new project in the garden that won’t be posted.
Also for me personally, the app I had on my iPhone for re-sizing photos had stopped working so I can no longer find a way to post pictures. I use my iPhone as a laptop so if it can’t be done on here then I won’t do it! ;-)
It’s a shame though as I loved this forum and still regularly look in.
charliep

Welcome back HTUK

Post by charliep »

Seems to have been the attempt to upgrade the phpBB to the latest version that started the problems here, although it works now, for me its still playing up and I have to go around the houses to look in. But I have to say that the forum is still attracting a stream of new members, something "Pushing the Borders" struggles to do, people join but never post! So at least here people say Hi!
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
ourarka1

Welcome back HTUK

Post by ourarka1 »

Great to see it up and running again - helped me out so much as I started to get in to tropicals .... and no doubt will help me a lot in the future, though hopefully I can start posting some answers as well as questions now!!

Fingers crossed the early heads ups on the weather (good and bad) are back too ..... they're very useful (even if they always cause some arguments!)
NigePook

Welcome back HTUK

Post by NigePook »

Hi guys , to be honest I have not posted for ages and again that’s because for whatever reason, no matter how hard I tried the system would not allow me to log on with my old username and password. The system always threw up a red message saying basically that I had tried to log on too many times and lock me out, even though I had only tried once. I repeatedly tried this again and again with no success. When I then tried to send an email, no response. When I tried to the reactivation route no success etc etc. So had an idea to register with a slightly altered name and finally success at last. When I tried to register with my old details the system did say these are already in use.I don’t know, what a palaver! I do believe that emails are still not reaching you as I did try again last night, I guess that depends how often it’s checked, maybe 24 hours was not long enough for a response. Guess with my new details tho, all my previous posts and contacts etc won’t be linked to this ‘new’ account either. Any ideas?
Regards
Nige
GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

You've been playing the same 'snakes and ladders' game on here as I have, Nige :shock: This route seems to almost be the only way back.

Perhaps our evicted outsiders could be welcomed back in the same way.
karl66

Welcome back HTUK

Post by karl66 »

Would be great if it went back to the old days...had some great debates/banter.
charliep

Welcome back HTUK

Post by charliep »

How is the great garden move coming along Karl? been dreadful weather for getting on with anything here and because its been mild the grass needs cutting!
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
karl66

Welcome back HTUK

Post by karl66 »

Hi Charlie, no much better here on weather front!..thanks for asking, having to proportion time between work /renovations...then gardening! Things going slowly but fine at moment...already some decent structure plants to work with so I'm not going mad ripped everything out although there's plenty of heavy pruning and cutting back already taken place, I'll post some updates early summer.
karl66

Welcome back HTUK

Post by karl66 »

P.s...working with a southeast facing garden is throwing different challanges!....any suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks karl.
GREVILLEAJ

Welcome back HTUK

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

OK, Karl. You know the score. Put up a thread with some helpful pics and if we can get back to the good old days expect some suggestions daft or spot on in equal measure :lol: