Spanish Moss.

chainsaw kid

Spanish Moss.

Post by chainsaw kid »

I was recently on the IPS site and they were talking about Spanish moss. I thought it looked a bit jungle like, can it be grown in this country? If so does any one know were to buy it from.

Thanks Jason.
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
tatter

Spanish Moss.

Post by tatter »

Jas
its mostly used in teraniums it is available on ebay amazon and anywhere that sells air plants.In your own words `do your home work :lol:
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
chainsaw kid

Spanish Moss.

Post by chainsaw kid »

tatter wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:50 pm nread post

by tatter » Thu May 02, 2019 7:50 pm

Jas
its mostly used in terrariums it is available on eBay amazon and anywhere that sells air plants. In your own words `do your home work
:lol: I supposed I asked for that. :roll: I was just to lazy to look it up. I knew some bright spark would save me the trouble. :wink:

The Kid.
Chez2

Spanish Moss.

Post by Chez2 »

chainsaw kid wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:00 pm I was recently on the IPS site and they were talking about Spanish moss. I thought it looked a bit jungle like, can it be grown in this country? If so does any one know were to buy it from.

Thanks Jason.
There have been people talking about it on Facebook tropical groups last year. A guy sells it via his Facebook shop. I have bought air plants from him. He's worth supporting as he is a local independent business. I saw an article on some award he won last year. I think he got paralysed from the chest down in an accident and set the business up. I spoke to him on the phone when I wanted to buy air plants, hes very helpful and won't fob you off just to sell something. I will try to add a link to his Facebook page. His Name is Ryan Foreshaw: https://www.facebook.com/growyourgarden ... 9&fref=tag
chainsaw kid

Spanish Moss.

Post by chainsaw kid »

Chez2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:58 pm There have been people talking about it on Facebook tropical groups last year. A guy sells it via his Facebook shop. I have bought air plants from him. He's worth supporting as he is a local independent business. I saw an article on some award he won last year. I think he got paralysed from the chest down in an accident and set the business up. I spoke to him on the phone when I wanted to buy air plants, hes very helpful and won't fob you off just to sell something. I will try to add a link to his Facebook page. His Name is Ryan Foreshaw: https://www.facebook.com/growyourgarden ... 9&fref=tag
Thanks Chez, Unfortunately I don't do fakebook but I'm sure it will help others.

The Kid.
Chez2

Spanish Moss.

Post by Chez2 »

chainsaw kid wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:41 pm hanks Chez, Unfortunately I don't do fakebook but I'm sure it will help others.
Why not open 'an account' just to view? I only joined years ago because it was a free way of connecting a group of us who share a hobby. I now post a lot in hobby groups but very little on my own 'account' / page. It has taken over from fora such as this. I agree a forum is a better source of reference but I have made so many new friends I meet in the flesh via Facebook. Why cut your nose off to spite your face? 'scuse the pun.
Doc86

Spanish Moss.

Post by Doc86 »

Jungle up your bathroom!

A couple years back I stuck a 3.5ft gnarly lump of tree trunk in my bathroom and planted it up with bromeliads. You know? Like normal people do? I bought two Spanish moss plants to add and help fill some gaps. They grew slow for a bit then suddenly went F....ing mental! The place I bought them from had them priced by length. I think I went for the middle size option but they where double in no time!

I will get the name of the place I bought them from and get back to you.
chainsaw kid

Spanish Moss.

Post by chainsaw kid »

EEEEEE what's up Doc.

The bathroom Idea sounds like a bit of fun, I don't know why we all don't do it. :wink:

I have given up on using it in he garden as I was told by someone on another forum the birds rip it apart in the spring for nesting material icon_aaargh icon_salut

The Kid.