Bringing back 'lost' members.

GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

For the third time I lost access to post two days ago on HTUK and was restricted to view active topics. The previous two times saw all attempts at returning and to register again fail only to have full access open again some time later 'by accident' after a random search.

On this occasion I was just as unsuccessful at returning and reregistering but after sending a text to the BOARD ADMINISTRATOR the posting facility returned immediately. icon_scratch icon_cheers

If this latest episode turned out to be successful it raises the question : Is there any way of bringing back members who have disappeared or no longer post?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I've had connectivity issues of my own, with VM MODEM/Router keep losing internet, over the last few days. Wasn't aware of an issue on here. Added some new members at the weekend. I have no idea what locked people out, unless Aidan found an issue and resolved it.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Strange! I was locked out again this evening but was able to return as before. icon_scratch
GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

The plot thickens! After yesterday's temporary lockout and reregistering, I received an email with a link to reactivate my account. First time that's ever happened.

My most recent phone has never allowed me to post, only to view active topics. Posting can only occur on an older device which I still keep for internet access. I read the email while out on my new phone and so reactivated the account with my latest device. Lo and behold, I discovered I can now post on it. icon_cheers It also means I can now put up pictures as the camera app failed on the older phone some time ago.

If this has been a blip that has now been rectified maybe some past members who can only lurk because of a similar shut-out would like to try and return. icon_salut