Eucalyptus Robusta- Red Mahogany

Westener55

Post by Westener55 »

Hi all!!I have purchased and sown some Eucalyptus Robusta seeds which I got from Germany.I have heard this species of eucalyptus is very fast growing and tolerates wet soil.So as an interest I intend to give it a trail and track it's progress or failure😩 and plant it out when older.I read that they can tolerate some cold but time will tell🤣🤣in our climate🤔.I will keep the forum updated.I have attached a photo of the young seedling's which are only a week old.
Attachments
IMG_20200507_194917.jpg
Chad

Post by Chad »

Welcome to the board Westener!

The stunning silence with which you have been met suggests you have caught us all out with a tree none of us have grown.

I note it isn't listed as available in the RHS Plantfinder nor its on line version.

The 'go to' source for UK commercial Eucalyptus are Hardy Eucalyptus and they don't seem to list it either.

Good Luck and keep us informed of how they do!

Chad
GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Yes, Chad. Caught me out hook, line and sinker :lol: Never even heard of this eucalyptus. :oops:

Westener, welcome to HTUK icon_cheers and I look forward to my life becoming more meaningful as I hope you regularly post the progress of your eucalyptus icon_thumright
Westener55

Post by Westener55 »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome guys!!👍👍.Yes this species isn't common and but I've read it's grown in and around Los Angeles and also the warmer parts of Italy. It'll be interesting to see how it gets on😃😃.I have enclosed a picture of the tree and another of it's rugged but attractive bark.
Attachments
eucalyptus-robusta-tree.jpg
eucalyptus_robusta_gi3.jpg
GREVILLEAJ

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

Wow! That bark really has something!

Bite is the word that comes to mind icon_salut