Irrigation systems

TheHiphopfarmer

Irrigation systems

Post by TheHiphopfarmer »

Hi all, what are forum members views on irrigation systems. I have long deep beds containing ferns and some bananas + cannas along with other plants.

Do soaker hoses or drip systems work best? Are there any particular products that people would recommend and do such systems work well in large gardens?

Are they easy to install and most importantly are they effective? I have mulched all my beds recently to retain moisture but there are a lot of large conifers on the boundaries of my garden so they soak up a lot moisture.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
chainsaw kid

Irrigation systems

Post by chainsaw kid »

Hi Hip Hop, With regards to your irrigation problems, you could do worse than look at LBS Horticultural Supplies catalogue/website. They have a vast range of equipment. Personally I used there LDPE pipe laid were you want to irrigate then use the mini punch to put 3mm hole were the tree, shrub or plant you want to water ( obversely you ay need a few holes for a tree :wink: ). you can then connect to the tap or water butt to irrigate your plants. The problem with soaker hoses is they water indiscriminately along the whole length thereby wasting water. OK for a row of vegetables but that is not what you want. Hope that helps. Jas.
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
TheHiphopfarmer

Irrigation systems

Post by TheHiphopfarmer »

Will do amigo. Thanks for the tip 👍🏻