Get your wallets out boys and girls!!!!!!

DavidF

Get your wallets out boys and girls!!!!!!

Post by DavidF »

I've just received my update from Peter at Jungle seeds and it looks like he has an AeAe up for grabs on Ebay :D :D :D

"Just a quick note to say that I will be putting a 3 litre Musa AeAe on to eBay this weekend! These are very rare and it is the only way I can see to be fair with only one plant for sale which is in any case out of my personal collection."

So...... who's going to be bidding?????
tropical-pete

Re: Get your wallets out boys and girls!!!!!!

Post by tropical-pete »

Sorry David, but on a slightly different subject, how do you subscribe to the 'updates'?

Thanks

Pete

I'll go and start counting my pennies...
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

aarrghhh :ahhh!: must resist the temptation to take a laptop on holiday for the sole purpose of checking it out :D
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Hi Pete, I can't remember exactly, but I know I did it via the website so have a rummage around and it will be on there somewhere. I may have done it when I placed an order, but it was definitely via the website.

They come in handy as they keep you updated on special offers that you wouldn't otherwise get to know about.

Good luck.
DAVIDEVANS

Post by DAVIDEVANS »

Pete,

This is their new email address [email protected]

I'm on their update list presumably because I bought stuff from them - but don't think I'll be adding an AeAe methinks.

Dave
alan

Post by alan »

The biddings up to £50 already
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

I'm gobsmaked.
It's nice, but not that nice (and please don't think I'm being ar**y) but £50 would cover the cost of me driving down to Steve W's to pick up a Stuttgart (almost identical foliage but far cheaper to overwinter :) ) and then on to Simon at Amulree to get a Heliconia rostrata like the one at the back of the photo cause the last thing I would want was the plant to flower like Marks did :?
I'm sure the banana addicts out there will disagree :wink:

Steve
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

phoenix wrote:I'm gobsmaked.
It's nice, but not that nice (and please don't think I'm being ar**y) but £50 would cover the cost of me driving down to Steve W's to pick up a Stuttgart (almost identical foliage but far cheaper to overwinter :) ) and then on to Simon at Amulree to get a Heliconia rostrata like the one at the back of the photo cause the last thing I would want was the plant to flower like Marks did :?

Steve
So when should I expect you then Steve :lol:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

For those wanting to follow link is here: Ebay Item: 120297680196

How much did Mark Halls go for last time?
Essexman

Post by Essexman »

Look's like a Canna stuttgart to me. :wink:
Mark

Post by Mark »

I was at peters today and I have to say they are nice thick trunks to all the Aeaes he has. They are nearly all single leaved plants too.
marksbananas

Musa Ae Ae on ebay

Post by marksbananas »

I noticed a post the other day on about a Musa Ae Ae from jungle seeds that he was going to put on over the weekend, i have looked for the orignal post but was unable to find it so i thought i would quickly post the link here.Ebay Item: 120297680196 Good luck to anyone who is intersted in it and it looks a real little stunner. icon_cheers icon_cheers

EDIT: Topic Moved.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Is this one going to be heading oooop north Don?
Don

Post by Don »

Gaz--I can't remember the exact price of Mark Hall's Ae Ae but the small one was about £350 and that big thing was around £1000 :ahhh!: Crafty Mark reserved all rights to any pups. Not all Ae Ae are created equal and I think the Peter/Mark ones are of a superior nature :lol: I don't think Peter's plant will end up around here due to the credit crunch (Champers and Caviar have gone up again icon_thumbdown )
Don

Post by Don »

phoenix wrote:I'm gobsmaked.

Steve
I hope that you apply the same logic to any future sales of variegated T. rex :twisted:
I don't think you are being arsey at all it's just that your taste is suspect :lol: