The Ensetes are out.

simon

Post by simon »

It's hard to say what the secret is as these were new planting areas this this year. Nothing has ever grown there before but grass. Everything has done really well. My basjoos have 'pups' with four foot psuedostems that didn't even exist when the plants went in the ground.

One thing I can say is that I found a good source of horse manure. All the old boys at my dads allotments use it and when I got there the pile had gone right down to the well rotted stuff at the bottom which was about a year old. Needless to say I will be making another visit there next year.
simon

Post by simon »

Well Ade, I got way with it last last year with the Maurellii so I hope so. Although from what I gather, the ventricosum doesn't have much chance of making it anyway.

:(
Mark

Post by Mark »

Simon I wouldn't want you to cut my hair :shock: :lol:

Good to see that you made it over to HTuk.

Right then.... I would dust the hole with yellow sulpher to stop any rot getting in. You have certainly trimmed the roots so I would be expecting it to sulk for a long while.. .. I would lose all the leaves and just keep the main roller if you are putting it into winter dormancy. They look a bit frost burnt.

You could try getting the broken bit to grow you have nothing to lose.

Dave stumpybum I remember the post on uk? I am not sure if I replyied on it or not ?????

It does look like the Thai superbum doesn't it. I am sure with the way you get things to grow it would have shot up if it was a normal Ventricosum

Sorry simon I should have said well done they are MONSTERS. Garden looks good too.