Frost

vivi

Frost

Post by vivi »

Can't believe Banbury was the only place to have frost on Sunday night!Woke up at 4am and ran around the garden like a looney with fleece.We must have had rain and then it froze, the nanas and brugs were most affected but seem OK now!
Darren Turner

Re: Frost

Post by Darren Turner »

How did you know you wake up at 4am, do you have a low temp alarm ?
I admire your dedication, I think I would have been worried for a while and then fell back to sleep. :D Then woke up in the morning really pi**ed off with myself that I didn't get up and do something about it !!

D.
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Isn't everyone awake at 4am :?:

I know I am most days of the week. : :?

John (the imsoniac) :|
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

We had frost too Vivi. :ahhh!:
bodster

Post by bodster »

no frost here so far :)
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

No Frost yet, but I am often awake at 4am. It is amazing how quiet the forum gets after midnight let alone at 4am.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Wow frost already... that strange... i don't wanna think about it yet... the last couple nights are very mild here around the 10C are higher...

The forecast is not bad either... it looks like a little summer came back for a short while..

This is my forecast.

Tomorrow 15C and gray weather.
Thursday 18C and for the night 6C, but blue en clear sky's.
Friday 19C and for the night 6C, but blue en clear sky's.
And from saturday too monday the give even 20-21C for the day's and 10-12C for the nights... with again blue and clear sky's...

If that will be happen in the weekend the plants will love it again...

Robbin
vivi

Post by vivi »

Darren Turner wrote:How did you know you wake up at 4am, do you have a low temp alarm ?
I admire your dedication, I think I would have been worried for a while and then fell back to sleep. :D Then woke up in the morning really pi**ed off with myself that I didn't get up and do something about it !!

D.
Nothing as technical as an alarm,just child number 5 had a nightmare! :ahhh!: Needless to say I've watched the forecast very closely since! :oops:
Mark

Post by Mark »

We are down for a 4c tomorrow night ( thats if the BBC site is correct)

And for the Kew trip it looks like a cloudy day .
grub

Post by grub »

I had the pleasure of scraping the ice off the car on Monday morning damages so far 1 burnt Maurelli and 1 burnt Red Tiger :(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

We got down to +3.1C on Saturday morning but was too windy for frost. Sunday night only dropped to 7.4C here. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by jezza »

I went to work at 5.30am monday to find my car windscreen covered in frost. Wasn't a hard frost and everything seems ok so far. I notice the stars are out again tonight, now do i go outside or not icon_scratch
grub

Post by grub »

Dave Brown wrote:We got down to +3.1C on Saturday morning but was too windy for frost. Sunday night only dropped to 7.4C here. :wink:
0.1C Sunday at midnight and the same Monday at 0700 Dave :(
mikefromniagara6b

Post by mikefromniagara6b »

Glad to hear you dodged the frost bullet (if I read this correctly...).

We had a roof top frost Monday morning with a low of 3C BUT there was no frost on the cars and plants. PHEW!

Milder now ...

Hope the banana trees last into November for all of us!

m
jezza

Post by jezza »

With the funny weather we've had this year i would expect anything :roll: