Cold Start

Mark

Cold Start

Post by Mark »

Woke upto a cold start this morning 4c ( 7.45)
DSCF3082.JPG
DSCF3083.JPG
All misty/foggy with a heavy dew then a couple of hours later its like this
DSCF3092.JPG
DSCF3090.JPG
DSCF3091.JPG
DSCF3095.JPG
Not a cloud in the sky and hardly any breeze either icon_sunny

Mr Blue sky is definately visiting me today..............bet we pay for it tonight though.
jezza

Re: Cold Start

Post by jezza »

Same here, lovely weather :D
Libby

Post by Libby »

I did 3.1C this morning and I have still to move some of my nanas in :roll:
darran

Post by darran »

My lowest was 6c last night, it was thick fog here at 6.30am but could watch it lift away to reveal bright blue sky :D
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

It was down to about 4C here last night but both UKWeather and the Beeb are saying that it is only going down to 9C tonight with clear skies. Do I believe it?, do I b*ll*cks!
Ideally another couple of weeks without frost would suit me perfectly as I'm a bit behind with getting things under cover.
Looks like the weather on Saturday for Kew will be ok :D
Andy
simon

Post by simon »

AndyC wrote:It was down to about 4C here last night but both UKWeather and the Beeb are saying that it is only going down to 9C tonight with clear skies. Do I believe it?, do I b*ll*cks!
On the telly BBC said it would be windy and it's the wind that makes all the difference on a clear night.
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Very cold start here too this morning but by 10:00 it had cleared and is glorious now icon_sunny .

I've got builders here again making a right racket so it's as good excuse as any to get out in to the garden........
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

simon wrote:
On the telly BBC said it would be windy and it's the wind that makes all the difference on a clear night.
Aha, that's ok then, the nanas won't get frosted, just thrashed to death :)
Andy
simon

Post by simon »

AndyC wrote:
simon wrote:
Aha, that's ok then, the nanas won't get frosted, just thrashed to death :)
Nothing new there then.

I wonder how much wind is required to prevent a frost. The wind direction will have a lot to do with it too. I have 10C and 6mph southerlies forcast, so warmer air is coming in, keeping the temp up on a clear night.
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

It only got down to 6.4C here last night - and it's now 18.3C with a lovely blue sky. The only downside is I have been stricken with "Man Flu" :(
Pete icon_pale
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Bottomed out at 6.3C here with a slight breeze until the sun came up, so no mist and a cracking start. A mild wind direction tonight, with what appeared to be a finger print up over Iceland. Well serves them right :lol: .... hopefully they will blow away :evil: Nicking my council tax.... the sheer audacity icon_pirat

Also took a couple of pics earlier
09102008 005.jpg
Attachments
09102008 006.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Melissa »

We had 4.4 last night, but last Thursday we had 1.9 :shock:

Lovely warm sunny day today :D

I'm still not going to dig anything up it's far to early 8) plus I haven't cleared the greenhouses out yet :( ready to fill them up again

Melissa
Don

Post by Don »

It's been remarkably mild Oop North partly as a result of the increased CO2 belched out by us mill chimneys during the sudden demand from Southerners for Black pudding, Clogs and Herring based products. So far no frosts and a couple of plants are performing well--Brugmansia Charles Grimaldi and even Dahlia excelsa are just flowering :D
I will do a few pics when I can afford a new battery for mi camera, but first I need to de-ice my Bank account in Iceland :ahhh!:
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Lovely day up here today, it cooled off late afternoon and felt like it was going to be a cold night but it's gone quite mild. I've dug a few things up today and potted them up and pulled up some plunged pots too.

I'm not bringing them inside yet whilst it's still this mild though :) .
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

Plenty of Blue sky here after a foggy start. Given that the Sunday telegraph reported that September 08 was the coldest since 2001 then there will have to be plenty of warm southerly air if the met office Forecast for the remainder of Autumn 2008 is to believed. Mind you they are 'on the fence' !

Temperature
Latest forecast signals are similar to last month's, and indicate that temperatures across much of western Europe will probably be above average rather than below average. For the UK temperatures are more likely to be either near, or above average.

The 'weather and meteorology' forum has comments on the winter forecast - perhaps that's 2 months early !!!!