Work has begun

becky

Re: Work has begun

Post by becky »

hi just thought id let you know we brought the tree ferns they look great il post some picks once there in place , greg brought a 5ft a 4ft and three 3ft dicksonias cant wait to see them in place :D :D :D
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Great job it's all looking really good. Lots of work to do there.

You were very lucky to get a trunked C medularis, it's one of my favourite TF. You should be able to tell if it's ok by gentle feeling inside for the new fronds pushing up. The ones on ours are already on the move and pushing up.

Keep up with the pic's.

Melissa
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Hi Becky & Greg, :)

It is always good to see pics of other members projects, so thanks for sharing! Your steps will look fab' with Tree Ferns alongside. ...I will look forward to your progress pics after a sunny weekend :D

Cathy.
NattiH

Post by NattiH »

The garden looks like it is coming together Becky and Greg and the plans you have sound great! I love the idea of the tree ferns up the slope and the sizes you've bought will def give the right atmosphere. I love the raised deck too Greg..extra garden room and a lovely design. 2 more members of the forum that have the bug! :lol:
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Hi Greg

I, too, love the idea of the tree ferns up the side of the steps. Like Petefree said - an irrigation system would probably be a godsend during the summer months.

(Can I just say - you need a new pair of jeans though! :lol: )

Cheers

John
becky

Post by becky »

lol that is so funny jon it really made me laugh he cant afford no more after spending £300 this week on tree ferns, no, hes got so many pairs of work clothes its un real he wears his best ones to do things and recks them and then they become his work jeans , he could do with throwing them ones away though i defernatly agree :lol:
becky

Post by becky »

some clearing up been done today, cleared the left hand side ready for the tree ferns to go in moved 4 car loads of branches to the skip , and burned loads too, all leftover from when greg cut next doors tree down to allow us more sun :lol: icon_cheers ,wonder if the neighbour is missing her 30ft sycamore tree icon_scratch .

garden is starting to look great heres a few progress pics hopefully i can post you it finished soon ,
Attachments
Image348.jpg
Image349.jpg
Image350.jpg
grub

Post by grub »

becky wrote: hopefully i can post you it finished soon ,
Sorry Becky :oops: , now you and Greg have started it'll never be finished :twisted: .There's always going to be something else you just have to have
:lol:
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Becky, you have such a lot of work to do but you have made good progress, due no doubt to having a keen young assistant 'helper'! :lol: Well done!
Cathy.
becky

Post by becky »

yes loads of work to be done, gregs very keen now, the other lads my cousin andy who pretty much lives here lol hes always here helping greg :lol: and little bailey just loves digging for worms :D so yes plenty of help, :)
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

:lol: yes Becky, it was Bailey I was thinking of as your chief and most willing 'helper' :lol:
C.
becky

Post by becky »

yes i know bailey is very keen , iv got a 5 month old too she will be helping to as soon as shes big enough to walk , she goes outside in her walker at the moment :lol:
becky

Post by becky »

hi i just thought id add some updated photos of the garden and the work thats being done
Attachments
18042009411.jpg
18042009412.jpg
18042009413.jpg
collins99

Post by collins99 »

Looking good Becky icon_thumright . the stairs are going to look amazing when the Dicksonia antarctica are fully unfurled , it will be a really lush passage way to the upper part of your garden .. i want one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

keep the pics coming throughout the summer so we can see how it fills out .. icon_thumright

nick...
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

It's looking great. Love the knight by the way :D