Butia eriospatha from Amulree

Chalk Brow

Butia eriospatha from Amulree

Post by Chalk Brow »

Just received, and planted, my new Butia eriospatha from Amulree. Very pleased with the palm ~ totally unimpressed with the delivery driver. Having waited in all morning for the delivery my wife later found the plant left against the front gate post by the pavement; too lazy to walk up the short drive let alone ring the door bell! Have informed Amulree but so far no comment.
Attachments
Butia eriospatha 6001.jpg
Simba

Re: Butia eriospatha from Amulree

Post by Simba »

I hear what you are saying about delivery drivers.....

Took a day off on Thursday for my new patio slabs to be delivered and the guy eventually arrived just before 6pm...

Sitting around today too actually, waiting for a delivery of enriched soil and my new Cycas.....getting impatient...!!!! :lol:

Anyway, that's a lovely looking Butia you have, I hope that you have many happy years together...... icon_thumleft
trachy1973

Post by trachy1973 »

I can relate to this as well. I ordered a few seedlings last year from a company that shall remain unknown. Left delivery instructions when I ordered asking for the items to be left at the rear on the patio if no answer on door. But there they were ready for anybody to pick up in the front porch whern I got in. Not impressed!
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

Delivery drivers are a law unto themselves; if there are any complications about making a delivery, they will not usually put themselves out at all.

At work we have experienced a delivery not made because the driver could find our van but could not find our men, cost us a fortune when the job was not done (yep, our telephone number is on the side of the van), and on one occasion the driver could not find our office so he left the delivery around the back of a nearby house and signed the delivery ticket himself! The hauliers said that he got sacked for this but I have given up believing in fairies.

Rant over.
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Nice palm - keep us updated on progress.

We have also suffered at the hands of lazy delivery drivers. We ordered an MP3 speaker unit/attachment/radio for our daughters birthday. Nobody in at the time of delivery so what did he do? Leave it with one of our neighbours who are always in? No! The stupid ******* threw it over the 6ft side gate to land on concrete.......and the result? Irreparably damaged unit which had to go back and no birthday present to give!

Steve
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

We have had stuff delivered from Simon (Amulree) before without problem. I'm reasonably sure that Simon used his own guys in the past.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

The chap who delivered our big Trachycarpus from Amulree was first class. Even though he'd been on the road for some 10hrs he still took the time to place them where i requested and gave advice about care / feeding etc. I can't remember his name but i do recall he'd been with Simon from day 1.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I think the consensus here is that whatever happened on this occasion it was an out of character hiccup, and the first time I have heard of a problem. Amulree, as an exotic plant supplier is one of the good guys. icon_salut
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by mixiepalms »

Dave Brown wrote:I think the consensus here is that whatever happened on this occasion it was an out of character hiccup, and the first time I have heard of a problem. Amulree, as an exotic plant supplier is one of the good guys. icon_salut

All I know is Mr Gridley is one of the most honest nurserymen I have ever met.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

We have heard from Simon, and to clarify the situation, smaller items are delivered by Business Post, while big items delivered by Peter of Amulree. This particular delivery was made by Business Post who appear not to have followed their own procedures. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GARYnNAT »

Peter is a top guy, when we had our big Phoenix canariensis_CIDP delivered a few years ago the pot was to big to fit through the gate, Peter helped to remove not only the gate and posts but the neighbouring fence panels as well once we got it into the garden he helped to take off the crossbeams on the pergola as well :D

Gary
Chalk Brow

Post by Chalk Brow »

The palm was delivered by a courier company, I do not know which one but it came via a depot in Burgess Hill, Sussex. I have no complaints with Amulree, although I would have appreciated a relpy to my emial about the matter.
Chalk Brow

Post by Chalk Brow »

Just to wrap things up here, Simon from Amulree has been in touch, and he did in fact reply more than once to my first email (my rather too ruthless Windows Mail junked them!).

Very happy with his response, and have no qualms about ordering further plants from Amulree.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

icon_thumright icon_thumleft
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright