Akamba Meet April 2009 A Good Day Was Had By All!

MarkD

Re: Akamba Meet April 2009 A Good Day Was Had By All!

Post by MarkD »

becky wrote:im going anyway mark for the bbq :lol: :lol:
Good enough reason :)
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Yes, It would be great to have a mini-meet later in the season, as there were a few people could not get there this time and others may be up for a return trip. It really is a great place for a day out!
Cathy.
collins99

Post by collins99 »

I would be up for another meet at Akamba later in the season , to see what more stock they have in , and to meet more members that i didn't get much time to speak to last time . icon_thumright . I better set off now then :lol: :lol:

nick...
themes

Post by themes »

Cathy wrote:Yes, It would be great to have a mini-meet later in the season, as there were a few people could not get there this time and others may be up for a return trip. It really is a great place for a day out!
Cathy.
Did you hear that POV?
Last edited by themes on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

themes wrote:
Cathy wrote:Yes, It would be great to have a mini-meet later in the season, as there were a few people could not get there this time and others may be up for a return trip. It really is a great place for a day out!
Cathy.
Did you here that POV?
Sorry Mo, :oops: can you re-phrase that? :oops:
col

Post by col »

Nick wrote:I am sorry to say, I did not get time to look around the shop at Akamba, I am still kicking myself about it, but did anyone notice if they sold Snakes or Lizards or any little tropical aminal :?: :?: :?: Going to have to go again me thinks icon_cheers :

icon_sunny Nick icon_sunny
They do, Nick, but made out of carved wood though!

Col
themes

Post by themes »

i would say it was a blonde moment but hey. plam
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Proberly count me in JUST me :lol:
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

themes wrote:
Cathy.
Did you hear that POV?
I did hear that ... But only in black & White as I'm in Scotland and can't stand typing much on my iPhone... I promise to try to attend next one...
And I have potted up a few Iris foetidisima for you, Mo
col

Post by col »

I'd definitely be up for another meet there later on in the season :D

I am working at the NEC tomorrow and Thursday, so I'm nipping over to Akamba to see if I can finally buy a Chamaedorea radicalis, which I thought I would be able to get last weekend :roll: :D

Col
Nick

Post by Nick »

Col what did you get at the other place on your way home, you've not told us, and not put any pic's on of them, your slipping Col :) :) :) :) :)

themes

Post by themes »

as long as you bring yourself :D
col

Post by col »

Nick wrote:Col what did you get at the other place on your way home, you've not told us, and not put any pic's on of them, your slipping Col :) :) :) :) :)
Bluebell Nurseries and Arboretum near Ashby de la Zouch, Nick? The arboretum is lovely, but I was not too impressed by the plants on sale. Lynne didn't help - "£2.50 for a plant? Rip off! We are NOT paying THAT!" :lol: (Slight exaggeration, I'll admit!)

Col
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Col, £2.50 for a plant? Rip off! We are NOT paying THAT!" (Slight exaggeration, I'll admit!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If only she knew what we are really paying for our plants :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS:Good one col..
GARYnNAT

Post by GARYnNAT »

Nick this was our haul from the shop :D
Akamba 001.jpg
Gary