Ebay Trachycarpus

Arlon Tishmarsh

Re: Ebay Trachycarpus

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Hi Kent
the chammy was £30, the Phoenix canariensis_CIDP i had for free plus the little chammy. I had to dig them out to make more room for the lady in her garden, now i have them in temporary pots. I'm expecting them to go downhill a bit, double dosed them with palmbooster, time will tell i guess. Do you think it would be better to keep them in a semi shade to give them time to recover, i thought too much strong sun now might add to the shock after being dug out?

Rgds
mark
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Arlon Tishmarsh wrote:Do you think it would be better to keep them in a semi shade to give them time to recover, i thought too much strong sun now might add to the shock after being dug out?

Rgds
mark
Hi Mark

I would think that sounds a good plan. If they were mine I think I would cut off a few more of the old fronds too.

Regards

John
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Hi Kent,
i have already reduced the the length of the longer fronds by about a third to stop the plants rocking with the wind and disturbing the roots and have moved them to semi shade. There was a little winter damage to the new spears coming thru which meant that when fully emerged they would have not been sturdy enough to support themselves, so i removed those as low down to the centre as i could, which, with the recent sun should help the centre dry out and see some new growth come thru.

Rgds
Mark
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

kentgardener wrote:Mark, you jammy **** - three lovely sized palms for 30 odd quid (the CDIP's are bigger than mine and I have been growing it in a pot for 5 years from tiny!).

You lucky so and so. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

John
Well done Kentgardener icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft