Lets have some cheery garden pics

stephenprudence

Re: Lets have some cheery garden pics

Post by stephenprudence »

Ill try and take some photos tomorrow but I seriously doubt anything is in flower.

Potential colour in my garden will come from the following plants throughout summer..

- Rhododendron simsii
- Gazania
- Lampranthus spectabilis
- Lampranthus 'aurea'
- Delospermum
- Fuchsia triphylla
- Impatiens
- Begonia 'none stop'
- Freesia
- Carnation
- Bellis spp.

However I don't think the Lampranthus, Fuchsia, Delospermum, Freesia, Begonia, or Gazania have flowered yet, despite the higher temperatures. (I'm not at home yet) So my garden looks probably pretty boring at the moment!
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

Very nice pjotographs everybody icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
David.

Post by David. »

Hi again, thanks all for the welcome, I must admit that I’m rather more of a lurker than a poster as you can probably tell from my post count.
Lee it is indeed a Schefflera, taiwaniana a great plant and seems to thrive here.
Melissa I totally agree I think this is a great thread, pictures of other peoples gardens are great, a bit like through the keyhole but with weird and wonderful plants :D
themes

Post by themes »

lucienc wrote:Well it's in a dry bed, only 45cm deep, virtually never watered, and went from 2 foot to 8-9 foot in a year. It's in flower now, and watching every day for seed (hopefully as easy to harvest as the more common ones).
Can you take a close up of it when you get a chance? Flowers are a bonus but foliage is why I get a plant. Most of my favourite plants have no flowers. Tree ferns for example. Looking on the net they look great next to a plant with dark red foliage like an acer.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Here's my latest pics...
garden1.JPG
garden3.JPG
The flowering chammy...
garden4.JPG
garden5.JPG
garden13.JPG
And the latest purchase that arrived today, ensete from ebay for £11.75...
garden12.JPG
Robin Cassell

Post by Robin Cassell »

More sunny days than the whole of last year icon_sunny icon_sunny ..unbeleivable pics from all!!..Heres my last two bobs worth from this evening.The last is the front of the house.
Attachments
DSCF3997.JPG
DSCF3999.JPG
DSCF3990.JPG
Robin Cassell

Post by Robin Cassell »

nice one Jezza...how is the sabal doing that you got from Hemel???
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

Nice gardens Robin Cassel and Jezza. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft

What is the little plant next to the red abbesinian banana?
jezza

Post by jezza »

It's a baby basjoo, only 6 inches tall.

The sabal is dead. That is how cold it got here last winter :shock:
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

jezza wrote:It's a baby basjoo, only 6 inches tall.

The sabal is dead. That is how cold it got here last winter :shock:
Are you going to plant it? They are very hardy and like to have lots of chicken poo pelltes
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jezza

Post by jezza »

It'll stay potted for the time being. Do garden centres supply chicken poo pellets? Haven't seen any when visiting.
themes

Post by themes »

Robin, on looking on your photos amongst others do i notice how bitty my planting is and it will have to be something I address as I really like how the plants blend into each other. I know some people like to plant in triangles and in mass but do not know how effective this is when it comes to tropical plants. Does anyone have pics of drifts of plants or planting combinations or any good advice.. I have planted only one bed that I am really happy with the colours and thats acer, fuschia, euonymus, photinia which looked nice but thats about it. I like ferns like aspleniums and blechnums between rock crevices, tree ferns on mass( struggling with the mass part :lol:). Help?
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

jezza wrote:She keeps saying she'll join the forum :oops:
she should do, just to keep an eye on you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you be the first couple on the forum :?: :?: :?:
jezza

Post by jezza »

Nope, gary and nat where, i think.
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Thought I'd join in with a few pics taken at the weekend. (Andrew/Jezza your avatars together give me a headache :wink: just a polite request, can you come up with something a bit more soothing?)

Ch. Microspadix.JPG
DA TF.JPG
The Terrace.JPG
This Dasy has just had a haircut.
Dasylirion Acrotrichum.JPG
I like to use these Cordylines as summer bedding.
Cordyline Fruiticosa 'Kiwi'.JPG
Finally, this the area I posted last year which is bulking up nicely.
The Patch 09.JPG
Cheers
Steve