Lets have some cheery garden pics

redsquirrel

Re: Lets have some cheery garden pics

Post by redsquirrel »

wayhay,your back icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
get the flags out
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
themes

Post by themes »

redsquirrel wrote:wayhay,your back icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
get the flags out
I misread flags for a second and I was getting really happy, but I will settle for some flags.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren he's back god I am so happy I can hardly keep still, Did not see the beetle in the red coat sorry :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

redsquirral, were did you get that grass tree cost you? i do like them wha temp can they survive to? and what soil it like?
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

hi david,its in a woody gritty sandy mix with a bit of peat compost mixed in. pricewise,you'd be looking at quite a bit.urban jungle have them,take a look icon_thumleft
http://www.urbanjungle.uk.com/product.a ... searchfor=
themes

Post by themes »

two baby dasys got through two winters now hopefully....much hardier then I thought when I planted them. Fingers crossed
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

one of my little ones is showing some minor damage but it did last year too,dont think the pots they are in are helping.ceramic long tall skinny face pots
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Darren,have you overflowed into land that doesn't belong to you?.

I'm impressed with the dasy,is that the one you got off Gary Whatton?

Saw a nice wheeleri today,one of Nigels early jobs,took a long time to root away,but now growing strongly in a none to mild area of Dorset.Has survived the last 2 winters outside with no protection at all.

metalhammer.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren going by what I've seen price wise I would hazard a guess at £200 possibly £200+

icon_sunny icon_sunny
bev

Post by bev »

very nice, all looking very healthy darren icon_thumleft

love your chammy dave icon_thumleft

cheers

lee
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

yes mh,i have borrowed a good friends garden for a while,have to clear that oneday aswell,probably have around 40/50 plants round there too
wheeleri is a nice dasy too,i couldnt resist the other big one gary had although that is not as user friendly. i read that dasys were bone hardy before i bought them but werent to good at re-rooting but luckily,both of these were.
Bev,if ever you are up this way,give me a knock,be good to see you again and Nick,you are right 200+++ :wink: :wink: they arent cheap but add an instant impact.
metalhammer wrote:Darren,have you overflowed into land that doesn't belong to you?.

I'm impressed with the dasy,is that the one you got off Gary Whatton?

Saw a nice wheeleri today,one of Nigels early jobs,took a long time to root away,but now growing strongly in a none to mild area of Dorset.Has survived the last 2 winters outside with no protection at all.

metalhammer.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren sadly £200+++to dear for my meager pockets I am afraid, but they are sure good looking tho, thanks for your answer at this late hour :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

im not selling those nick,took me long enough to find one with roots on.the smaller one next to it was also 200+++ :wink: :wink: but still hasnt re-rooted, or hadnt last time i looked about a year ago.thats been sat there for 3 years. i had a job lot of plants from hardypalms when it closed down to sell on, that is mainly why we are looking like a nursery.the neighbours love it in the summer,pop round for a look and often have something for their garden
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren you know I and Cathy wuld love to come around to yours for a look and natter
:lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

wow Di,id forgotten these pics icon_thumright i was searching cordy fruiticosa as i stumbled across one today, and came across this.is your dasy quad still with us?