Lets have some cheery garden pics

stephenprudence

Re: Lets have some cheery garden pics

Post by stephenprudence »

and further to Daves advice, try to keep them out of 50mph gusts :(
Bob

Post by Bob »

Nowhere near as Jungley as some of the lovely gardens in this thread, but most of mine is newly created this year. Just had a tidy up, so thought I'd take some snaps.

Lee Cole

Post by Lee Cole »

eyefi wrote: no chance lee, bad advice. needs digging up and storing.

where is palm springs?
Palm Springs is just outside Doncaster near airport
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Looks lovely Bob!

Presumably the fence is your boundary? If so, it was very nice of someone to plant a large clump of Pseudosas japonica on the other side. Do you have any problems with it trying to run into your garden?
Birmingham Chris

Post by Birmingham Chris »

bob - that's fantastic. Mine still doesn't look like that after (for some parts) three years! Really tidy and well staked :lol:

Alas, I have neglected mine for a few weeks and the damage has now been done. Shame, as there is still a good 4 or 6 weeks to enjoy it.

You're lucky to have some great plants in your neighbours too - helps make your boundaries more seamless. My neighbour has a great hand with bindweed..... :?

Once again - looks fab. Problem is, every time I get the courage together to put some of my photos up, someone with a garden like yours gets in there first!
Lee Cole

Post by Lee Cole »

left the Ensete Maurelii in the pot following all your advise will bring it in over winter did not want to take the risk of losing it
eyefi

Post by eyefi »

nice stuff behind both boundaries and inside of course :)

everything looks really healthy
Bob

Post by Bob »

Adam D wrote:Looks lovely Bob!

Presumably the fence is your boundary? If so, it was very nice of someone to plant a large clump of Pseudosas japonica on the other side. Do you have any problems with it trying to run into your garden?
Thanks Adam, My fence is fixed/stood on top of a retaining wall. The ground on the other side is 3 ft lower, so it can't get in. About 6ft of ground and then a stream. Makes a nice backdrop though.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Bob wrote:

Thanks Adam, My fence is fixed/stood on top of a retaining wall. The ground on the other side is 3 ft lower, so it can't get in. About 6ft of ground and then a stream. Makes a nice backdrop though.
Excellent stuff!

It does make a super backdrop and I guess that it gives you a lot of shelter as well :D
Bob

Post by Bob »

Birmingham Chris wrote:bob - that's fantastic. Mine still doesn't look like that after (for some parts) three years! Really tidy and well staked :lol:

Alas, I have neglected mine for a few weeks and the damage has now been done. Shame, as there is still a good 4 or 6 weeks to enjoy it.

You're lucky to have some great plants in your neighbours too - helps make your boundaries more seamless. My neighbour has a great hand with bindweed..... :?

Once again - looks fab. Problem is, every time I get the courage together to put some of my photos up, someone with a garden like yours gets in there first!
Hi Chris, My daughter wants some pics taken out there on Saturday before I whisk her off to church to get married (her not me) so I've been forced into a good tidy up. :lol:
Regarding the bindweed, do what I did and build a brick wall right round the boundary, bloody backbreaking though. Don't be shy, get yer pics up.

icon_thumleft
Bob

Post by Bob »

Adam D wrote:
Bob wrote:

Excellent stuff!

It does make a super backdrop and I guess that it gives you a lot of shelter as well :D
Very sheltered, :lol: I didn't mention the wood the other side of the stream. Pretty much sunless till noon, but get icon_sunny in the afternoon .

bev

Post by bev »

it's a lovely garden bob, very neat with a nice variety of plants. like others have said the boundary is very sheltered, it must keep the wind out. mine is like a wind tunnel because none of my neighbours have planted anything in 6 years (new estate) :twisted:

cheers

lee
Bob

Post by Bob »

bev wrote:it's a lovely garden bob, very neat with a nice variety of plants. like others have said the boundary is very sheltered, it must keep the wind out. mine is like a wind tunnel because none of my neighbours have planted anything in 6 years (new estate) :twisted:

cheers

lee
Thanks Lee, You will have to give your neighbours some boo plants for Xmas. :DD

I'm liking your Avatar, the trees here have been looking like that for the last few days.
Last edited by Bob on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Lee,

I am in the same position as you, our house was a new build when we moved into it 6 years ago.

The builders did a little bit of landscaping out the front of each house and also put a semi-mature tree in each front garden, but that was it.

On my estate there are about 70 houses and very few of them have done anything to their back gardens apart from turf them over! Talk about boring!

Anyway, I am quite lucky in the back garden because the back fence backs onto a road. The distance from the fence to the road is about 20 feet and there is a tarmac path running through it. The tree belt was planted up with young whips about 6 years ago and we are now starting to get some pretty good growth out there. Some of the trees are now up to 15 foot tall and they are starting to act as both a windbreak and to reduce the noise of the road. Things can only get better as they mature.

My immediate neighbours have done very little out the back. Thankfully my plants have now grown sufficiently that I do not have to look into their drab gardens anymore.

I was thinking about starting a thread on this.

Adam
bev

Post by bev »

hi adam, i think that's a good idea. for me i think boo's are the answer just need to contain them.

cheers

lee