Yucca G

plan b

Re: Yucca G

Post by plan b »

Few snaps of my Yucca (gloriosa/recurvifolia/hybrid :? :? :? ) nearly all in flower and a few cheeky shots of her under carriage :wink:

Edo

Post by Edo »

Really nice. How old it is?
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

yours is just building up for the biggun edo.oneday its going to explode a monster flower stalk,its a bit like england winning a cricket match,you never know when its going to happen but when it does its a nice surprise :D
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Arctic Nuts wrote:Lets be careful to avoid pseudoscience here chaps.
Not sure I'd call it pseudoscience.. it's mainstream science, (observation, record, publish) if you're referring to my post on the smaller groups of leaves occurring after the cold

If you were referring to the plant 'thinking' - thats was a bit of light heartedness nothing to do with science :)
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

ok chaps,lets settle for combined science :lol:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
palmking

Post by palmking »

bev wrote:looks o.k to me edo, those trunks are quite strong although after the recent confusion over gloriosa/recurvifolia i'd say yours was the latter. my gloriosa leaves are vicious and never recurve. yours look to have some softness to them. i'm sure it's because of the garden centres miss-labeling that i thought they were just different forms :roll:

cheers

lee
Mislabelling is a problem. Most of the Yucca's that used to come via the USA and labelled as Gloriosa were in fact Guatemalensis(Yucca Elephantipes), which explains why mine still gets occasional stem pull before recovering in the spring.

Pure Gloriosa would have no problem and unlike yours, would be more rigidly upright. Yours isn't Guatemalensis though. I'd agree it looks more like it has some Recurvifolia, or possibly Aloifolia blood in it. The 'blue' hue to it though is interesting, so i'm going to hold off any definite identification and look into it .

Looks a great plant, Edo! -and my Variegated Gloriosa is bolt on hardy as nails!

Yours Looks like it's been cut from a trunk offset , though.

Paul .