3 way Washingtonia Robusta...and sun lamps?

Edo

Re: 3 way Washingtonia Robusta...and sun lamps?

Post by Edo »

You should separate them, definitley, cos those people at nurseries looking for "kentia" look of those, as Kenia is single trunked too, but sold as numerous trunked.

I think that you should not plant them, yet, wait some time.
If you plant one, then you need to mulch it heavy, put kinda blanket over and some wooden box over.

And, yeah Dave Brown can give you a lots of advices on Robie.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Hi all great Forum - I've recently signed up and this chain has encouraged me to make my first posting

I've recently purchased a 4 way Washington Robusta (quite small) and after reading this am considering splitting it by painstakingly washing soil away etc - what do you think too late in the year to start messing about with it now?

Also was looking for where I could purchase some Palm Booster - can anyone advise?

Also wanted to share it with some people who would appreciate a bargain - paid £5 for a large (ft long leaves) variegated Elephants Ear Colocasia from Romford Market on Sat - sitting there all on it's own - after originally being quoted a tenner I mumbled something about this type not overwintering well to which he replied OK give me a fiver!
Linden

Post by Linden »

Hi Dale and welcome. Can't answer your question on the Washy, I only bought my first ones last week, but congratulations on your bargain Colocasia icon_thumleft Lots of growing time left this year too, you'll see some amazing pictures of giant leaves on this forum. I haven't long been here myself, but what you quickly learn I think is that there's a lot of knowledge around and if you ask, you'll get LOADS of advice and encouragement icon_salut
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i wouldnt split it and i wouldnt waste palm booster on it either as the roots will be well on their way already.they are fast growers compared to most over here. some cheaper chicken poo or seaweed feed like maxicrop will do just fine
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
themes

Post by themes »

redsquirrel wrote:i wouldnt split it and i wouldnt waste palm booster on it either as the roots will be well on their way already.they are fast growers compared to most over here. some cheaper chicken poo or seaweed feed like maxicrop will do just fine
maxicrop icon_cheers hope this stuff works
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i didnt mean the take root mo but it looks the same as the brown stuff in the big bottles.got some on my fingers sunday,tastes very very sweet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure