What has 2009 growth been? Before and After Pics

dave2166

Re: What has 2009 growth been? Before and After Pics

Post by dave2166 »

excuse the plankiness of previous post.... T Rex actually...

mine took a while to get going this spring, and wnat to give it the best start i can as this will be year 3 so wnat it to reach for the stars.......so to speak!!
simon

Post by simon »

Dave, there are various clones about and they seem to be slightly different in hardiness. I should say that the my plant in the front garden is of Carolpz provenance which is suspected to actually be Empress rather than Rex. I leave this unprotected and it doesn't even completely defoliate, although the leaves that remain turn black. My Rex clone in the back garden loses its growth point each year so far but shoots from a bud lower down. This means it takes longer to get going so would benefit from some protection. A fleece Tee-pee is good for small plants.
dave2166

Post by dave2166 »

got mine from akamba, and it too lost its growth point so from that i can deduce its a REX.

i think i will do the fleecey thing this year with canes, and hope we have a decent winter...

based on whats been said so far, i cant wait for next year. and i've got another plants in the wings readyu to get planted now i have made some room in the jungle area
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Simon, I thought Carol said it was Empress back in 2007, but Krug describe Empress as not suckering, and indeed being difficult to propagate at all other than from seed. :roll:

Alocasia calidora 'Kentgardener' has decided that my conservatory is an ideal place at this time of year and is putting out another leaf. :shock: I very much doubt it will be bigger than the 97cm last one, but they don't need much light to grow well. I'll take a pic later. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

There's some massive growth rate from you guys this year. Well done all.

I can't show a pic of mine, well not worth showing really, but a plant I am pleased, chuffed and relieved with is what was left of my Cordy Indivisa after it was knocked about last year. Near to death I mounded ( :? ) soil and grit around the base to stop it rocking and now it has grown a small leaf. Not much to shout about I know, but at least it's still alive - for now.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
parkeey

Post by parkeey »

wow what size litre pot was that t rex in??, i got a 10lt put in spring, but has grown absolutley nothing like them pics! gutted!!