Re: Exotic (plants!!) magazines

Post by GARYnNAT »

Make that 2 issues :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Exotic-Greenhouse ... 2a023007e2

Gary
Ben Candlin

Post by Ben Candlin »

I remember getting quite excited when Exotic and Greenhouse Gardenining came out, and although in some respects it was ok, overall it was a bit of a let down.

I still have a copy of them all though. In the end the publication was combined with some other gardening magazine for a month or two before going completely. The publishers actually released all the articles as a book afterwards.
John P

Post by John P »

I used to have the full set Gary and Ben but they are long gone. I even had my letter published in it. I still have the book though from which they extracted the magazine articles. At the time that magazine was published the newsagents were filled with different gardening publications all of which did not last.

John
Birmingham Chris

Post by Birmingham Chris »

I have the book which was made up from the articles - I found it for 10p at the car boot, but got them down to 5p!! Never accept their first offer!! :lol:

It's not bad, but it's not great either. Good for flicking through in the winter when there's nothing to do but dream.......
themes

Post by themes »

Birmingham Chris wrote:I have the book which was made up from the articles - I found it for 10p at the car boot, but got them down to 5p!! Never accept their first offer!! :lol:

It's not bad, but it's not great either. Good for flicking through in the winter when there's nothing to do but dream.......
you could also post graphs
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

and cones.
themes

Post by themes »

and dream about Gloria Hunniford
nottingham man

Post by nottingham man »

I remember E&GG because I won a 5ft Dicksonia antarctica in one of their new reader draws. Must have been the only entrant that month cos they closed soon after. The Dicksonia antarctica is still doing fine though.

Alec