Grant

Re: A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Post by Grant »

Looks like a Frangipani (Plumeria) to me

Grant
Nick

Post by Nick »

Your 100% right, I did not think it would go so fast, well done. sorry everyone :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Robin Cassell

Post by Robin Cassell »

Fantastic warm and sunny pics Nick..really enjoyed looking through them...went to work in the dark..came home in the dark...looking at that lot picked me up :DD ..will probably use a few as desktop pics to get through winter :D
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

were they all in the same garden nick? everything is so neat and tidy there.some lovely plants,and loads of seeds.cant believe you werent tempted
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nick

Post by Nick »

Darren your right, it's all within the 35 acres of hotel gardens, all these were taken away from the beach at what we would call the back of the hotel.
Seed wise I did not wont to end up in a Bali jail for years :lol: we went on a guided tour of the gardens by an old retired member of staff who was asked to do the tours bless him, I was able to tell him the names of a few plants also, and with talking to his boss who did 4 yrs as a taxi driver in London offered me a gardening job, but sadly the pay was not up to much so I had to turn it down, I would have done it for free room and board and a little beer money, but then I would miss all of you lot as the hotel charges £1 per min for Internet access :( :( so thought we had better come home and continue at the hospital :( :(

icon_sunny icon_sunny
collins99

Post by collins99 »

Great pictures Nick looks like a beautiful place , you must have really enjoyed relaxing in the sun surrounded by all those lush plants icon_thumleft

nick...
derrick

Post by derrick »

Realy nice pics love em .Bali is a place to visit nice plants reptiles wild life are have to go .Did you get my komodo dragon in your suitcase.?
Nick

Post by Nick »

Derrick, we had miniature ones in the Lilly pond where we had breakfast, from head to tip of there tail I would say were about 4ft long may be a tad longer, and sorry we were right on our weight limit coming back, if you get the chance to go you really should, it's a real eye opener. Are you going to the living rain forest meet tomorrow, I do hope so, it would be nice to say hello in person :?: we are just putting the video onto dvd, plus we are struggling with all the washing that needs doing :( :(

icon_sunny icon_sunny
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Wow, those photos have certainly cheered me up on this cold miserable day, it looks beautiful. Did you manage to see any more of the island or was it a chillout holiday :D
Some fabulous plants in a lovely setting.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Looks great there i think Bali has a lot of australian wildlife reptiles marsupials .etc .Are there similar plants to australia ? thanks nick
Nick

Post by Nick »

Dicas, we did all the tours, the Highlights of Bali,that was where we went up a Volcano and had lunch on it's rim we did the East coast tour, that was in the mountains and hills, it was very foggy there due to the clouds and nasty thick drizzle, but saw giant fruit bats and monkeys, we also did white water rafting, that was fun but Mrs Nick did not think so, we did a jeep safari up into the foot hills where we saw 1000's of paddy fields, we saw chocolate bushes growing along the lanes, we did a tour called Sea walker, that was where we put on a space helmet and went down 15 Mt's to the sea bed where we looked at the coral growing and fed all the big and small fishes, we had a walking tour around the 35 acres of gardens, we saw temples until they were coming out of our ears, the tours knackered us, I thought it was meant to be a restful holiday, but it took it out of us on those long tours, we saw big lizards in the ponds by where we ate breakfast, at dusk loads of small bats come out, we saw lots of Kecko's and small lizards within the flower beds, birds like small Herons, no big butterflies tho, but some very big beetle type bugs, there's snakes but no one see's them around the hotel grounds, but they are out in the wilds, but can't remember if they are harmless or not, we had sun everyday except when at the east side of the island, I forgot to take our thermometer with us and could not buy one for love nor money, in fact the people are so poor, they would not have the money for something like that as it would not be important to survival there, all in all, we would go back again, the sea had a reef so bathing was very safe, no waves due to a reef 500 Mt's off shore.

Could do with a palmtree icon here :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

So you didn't do much then Nick :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those trips sound fabulous and glad you got Mrs. Nick to do the white water rafting. Fun, exhilirating and scary all at the same time no doubt.

Sounds a wonderful holiday in perfect surroundings and well worth the long haul.

I'm not jealous Nick :mrgreen:

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

did you get to dance with any hula girls mate?
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you obviously havent seen nicks private photos yet tel :wink: :wink:
awesome viewing material,i dont know how he does it icon_scratch icon_scratch
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

:lol:

hopefully i can see the private ones too :lol: