A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Nick

Re: A Post Card From Bali Hyatt, Bali

Post by Nick »

That's it for tonight,I've lost count as to how many I've put on so far.I will continue tomorrow.
I am tanned but not gorgeous tho :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

wow nick im so jelous, looks amazing, your own peace of paradise. cant wait to see the rest!

did you get any cuttings :D
trachy1973

Post by trachy1973 »

Any more :lol:
bev

Post by bev »

looks lovely nick :mrgreen:

did you take any pics :lol:

cheers

lee
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Nice pictures!

There are Pandanus, Crinum asiaticum, Codiaeum, Delonix regia, an Alpinia, maybe A. zerumbet, Plumeria, an Euphorbia, a crossbreed of Hibiscua schizopetalus with H. rosa-sinensis, Artocarpus (the famous breadtree of the Bounty) and a lot of other tropical ornamentals to be seen on those pictures. Well I have spend a lot of time and travels in tropical areas so those plants are familiar to me.

Alexander
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks everyone for your comments, and Alexander you know your plants well enough, Eltel sorry no cuttings or seeds just lots of photos for your enjoyment tho, these are just the ones taken for the forum, I have 100's of holiday photos that when I get time will be on my webshot account, just click the link, but I will let you know when they are on.so on with more of your photo's.Bev you really need to look a little harder at the screen or put your glasses on icon_sunny.
This is the second go now at adding the next lot of photos as it exspired on me so I have to start all over again
Nick

Post by Nick »

DSCN3796.JPG
DSCN3797.JPG
DSCN3798.JPG
The photo's of palm leafs etc is followed by photo's of there trunks to help you identify them better
DSCN3799.JPG
DSCN3800.JPG
DSCN3801.JPG
DSCN3802.JPG
DSCN3803.JPG
Everyone should know this plant by it leafs alone, as to it's name who knows?
DSCN3804.JPG
DSCN3805.JPG
Alexander you really know your plants mate, perhaps you could name them for us if you don't mind? Eltel sorry no seeds or cuttings just wonderful photo's I hope that everyone will enjoy.
Nick

Post by Nick »

The old Jet lag has really got me bad this time around, been awake since just after midnight, but laid there trying to sleep but could not so got up at 04:30 to feed the cats and get things ready for my wife who had to go into work today due to there cock up, so thought I would get more photo's on for your enjoyment? I hope Alexander your coming to the LRF meet Sunday? how about you Eltel?
DSCN3806.JPG
DSCN3807.JPG
DSCN3808.JPG
DSCN3809.JPG
DSCN3810.JPG
DSCN3811.JPG
DSCN3812.JPG
I believe the one two before and these of the trunks are of Coconut Palms, different to the coconut tree?
DSCN3813.JPG
DSCN3814.JPG
DSCN3815.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

DSCN3816.JPG
DSCN3817.JPG
DSCN3818.JPG
DSCN3819.JPG
And here's one for you conifer, any idea's as to what it is? me never
DSCN3820.JPG
DSCN3821.JPG
DSCN3822.JPG
DSCN3823.JPG
DSCN3824.JPG
DSCN3825.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

DSCN3826.JPG
DSCN3827.JPG
DSCN3828.JPG
DSCN3829.JPG
DSCN3830.JPG
DSCN3831.JPG
DSCN3832.JPG
DSCN3833.JPG
DSCN3834.JPG
DSCN3835.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

The next photo I thought was a miniature Phoenix canariensis_CIDP but in bali they call this tree a crocodile tree as it's trunk is like the back of a crocodile and it's wood is a yellowey white colour and is very light, but not as light as bosa wood.
This is a clearer picture of the top growth of the crocodile tree the trunk is in another photo yet to be put on show.
DSCN3853.JPG
DSCN3854.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

This shows the nobly trunk of better.
DSCN3855.JPG

Another ginger name unknown, I had to take it on full zoom as it was at the back of a bed that I could not get to, so I hope it helps to identify it?
DSCN3862.JPG
DSCN3863.JPG
DSCN3864.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

DSCN3865.JPG
DSCN3866.JPG
DSCN3867.JPG
DSCN3868.JPG
DSCN3869.JPG
DSCN3871.JPG
DSCN3873.JPG
DSCN3874.JPG
DSCN3875.JPG
DSCN3876.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

DSCN3872.JPG
DSCN3877.JPG
DSCN3878.JPG
DSCN3879.JPG
DSCN3880.JPG
DSCN3881.JPG
DSCN3882.JPG
The next photo is of a miniature Pampas Grass, believe it or not?
DSCN3883.JPG
DSCN3884.JPG
DSCN3885.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

I believe this is the last ten photos now, I took these at midday and it was so bright that I could not even see what I was taken on the little screen of the camera, so I hope you enjoy them all, I think I catered for every members tasts, with palms bamboos gingers spikeys flowers,
DSCN3886.JPG
DSCN3887.JPG
DSCN3888.JPG
DSCN3889.JPG
DSCN3890.JPG
DSCN3891.JPG
DSCN3892.JPG
So now after all my hard work for you all, here's a little computition, I know the name of the plant/small tree in the last two photos.
It flowers in white or white and yellow flowers, it also comes in pink or red with yellow centres to it's flowers, do any of you know it's name????????????????
DSCN3893.JPG
DSCN3894.JPG
Ansrews to me please and we will see how long it takes to see who really knows there stuff,
After a while I'll give you all another clue, but lets see how we all do first.

icon_sunny icon_sunny